Soccer 2017-2018

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
That doesn't mean it wasn't a legit penalty. It definitely was.

As for this Argentina conspiracy, the VAR team was Italian.

Do these type of penalty get called often? One commentator said that if you give that kind of penalty, then there should be a ton more penalty.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Well organized event though. Good for Russia. Now lets get back to shitting on em for interfering in elections etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Do these type of penalty get called often? One commentator said that if you give that kind of penalty, then there should be a ton more penalty.

Soccer is plagued by bad refereeing, general bias and corruption. So, there's no "standard" per se. I watched two dozen games this World Cup; that call would have gone uncalled 90% of the time.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Croatia could have easily won. France had the majority of the luck and the score is kinda misleading. Also producing this tournament result from a population of 4 million is ridiculous to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is funny is not just the fact that they are all blacks. England also have blacks but they are named "Sterling" "Rashford". France? Umtiti Mbappe Dogba. Just a team of mercenaries.

Mbappe was born in Paris and lived there his entire life. How's he a mercenary?

Because they didn't go all kunta kinte on his ancestors and force a proper Christian name on them?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Croatia could have easily won. France had the majority of the luck and the score is kinda misleading. Also producing this tournament result from a population of 4 million is ridiculous to me.
Yea I'd take that 1:2 bet anytime if they replayed.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Mbappe was born in Paris and lived there his entire life. How's he a mercenary?

Because they didn't go all kunta kinte on his ancestors and force a proper Christian name on them?

I think most of us are being facetious and are not particularly serious... Good for them for winning... and being black... and French.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Now that VAR is a thing (it wasn't in the last UEFA tournament and it wasn't in the Bundesliga until last season) I expect those penalties to get called more often now. We've already seen an increase in penalties in the first season 17/18. So you can't really compare this to previous tournaments.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
A win for France but a loss for everybody else IMO. Again they ceded control to the opposition but were able to grind it out anyway. It’s not like they counter attacked beautifully to off-set their shit setup, pretty sure Subasic is still injured as neither of the Pogba or Mbappe shots were in the corner.

• 1Like

Grekko

Trakanon Raider
VAR told the referee that he has to make the decision on that handball... and he favored France.
same play in previous games, referees did not award a penalty because there was no intention.

Anyways, Giroud goes home doing absolutely nothing but occupy space

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FDwzfkM.jpg

• 1Worf

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So much salt over France winning. Hahahaha.

Best team won, boys. Deal with it.

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I will enjoy reading about half the suburbs in Paris being set on fire when "the french" celebrate Africa winning the Cup.

• 2Salty

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
VAR told the referee that he has to make the decision on that handball... and he favored France.
same play in previous games, referees did not award a penalty because there was no intention.

Anyways, Giroud goes home doing absolutely nothing but occupy space

Again the final call is always with the on field Ref. He made the decision to give it, not VAR.

So much salt over France winning. Hahahaha.

Best team won, boys. Deal with it.

I think it’s close between Brazil and France for most talent but France certainly deserves the win. Shame we didn’t get to see them play as in 4 years it will be basically the same France team but Brazil will have a lot of turnover and at the moment they don’t seem to have the same level of talent coming up. Whereas France will have almost the exact same team but all in their prime minus Giroud and Matuidi.

My gripe, and a lot of other people’s, is Deschamps sets them up way too negatively for the talent they have on hand.

• 2Like