Soccer 2017-2018

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand life anymore, how did Barça blow that?? I was watching the Liverpool game so I have no idea what the game was like but I would have bet the house on Roma not pulling that off.

Liverpool got lucky with that first offside goal for City, that ball clearly came off Milner so Sané couldn't be offside. Things might have been different if City goes 2-0 up in the first half. That being said, Liverpool were much better in the second half and Salah proved once again how good he is, that was a sublime finish.

I can't believe Barca blew that agg lead. Roma seemed to deserve the result as well looking at the match stats. Barca slight edge in possession but you always expect that. Otherwise massive game and result for Roma. If Bayern go through, semis going to have 1 team each from Spain, England, Italy, and Germany.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Jesus, still haven't processed that

City tactics nullified Liverpool completely first half. No changes at half time, how were Liverpool able to get more of the ball in that opening period of second half?

Gonna try and get a ticket for the semi, will probably end up paying for hospitality or over face value on a resell site

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Because City punched themselves out in the first 45 minutes. Was almost a rope-a-dope and if not for VvD either getting the foul call or just booting it up the field when Sterling forearmed him then we would have rode it out pretty well.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus, still haven't processed that

City tactics nullified Liverpool completely first half. No changes at half time, how were Liverpool able to get more of the ball in that opening period of second half?

Gonna try and get a ticket for the semi, will probably end up paying for hospitality or over face value on a resell site

Guardiola whined at the ref and got sent to the stands. No more micromanagement in second half, gg. He apparently got too used to always being given a free pass in Munich.

So that's what, five years in a row for him with early defeat in the champion's league? Most overrated coach of the decade.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Guardiola whined at the ref and got sent to the stands. No more micromanagement in second half, gg. He apparently got too used to always being given a free pass in Munich.

So that's what, five years in a row for him with early defeat in the champion's league? Most overrated coach of the decade.

Umm most overrated coach? That's a stretch.

He's walked the league this year in EPL and has had tons of success before. Sure, CL he's had issues recently.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
At the top end of the CL it gets so random as the teams are so evenly matched that I don't think you can really take much away from it. In almost every year you could say the best team did not win it. Does that make Pep a worse coach that Oblak played out of his mind or that tactically he got it wrong for 45 minutes? I'd say no but whatever.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Umm most overrated coach? That's a stretch.

He's walked the league this year in EPL and has had tons of success before. Sure, CL he's had issues recently.

How much money did he get to spend? was it more than a billion?

Last year he didn't even make it to the quarter finals.
And he didn't just strike bad luck, he was eliminated by Monaco last year.

I'm not saying he is a terrible, but so many consider him one of the best coaches right now, yet he barely meets lowered expectations no matter where he's been since Barcelona. He's pretty good, but waaay overrated.

If there's someone more overrated, who is it?

Merrith

what the fuck is happening in madrid?

Thought the 2nd goal kind of came against the run of play. Surprised Madrid hasn't punched one in. Sets up for a lot of drama in this 2nd half, though. If Madrid can hold the fort for the first 20-25 minutes and score a goal though, it becomes a big hill to climb again.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A Madrid goal would change very little. Juventus needs two goals right now to advance, and they'd need two goals if Madrid scores once. The only difference is that 1-4 today would not get extended. Zidane is in big trouble.

This would be even more sensational than Roma yesterday.

Merrith

A Madrid goal would change very little. Juventus needs two goals right now to advance, and they'd need two goals if Madrid scores once. The only difference is that 1-4 today would not get extended. Zidane is in big trouble.

This would be even more sensational than Roma yesterday.

If Madrid had scored to make it 2-1 and carried that until about the 70th minute, I think the tone of the game would change a great deal. Only needing 1 to force extra time at 2-0 and needing 2 to win it definitely feel different.

Now of course, they're on even footing in the tie, but Juvy with all the momentum in this game.

Merrith

It literally feels like the only way Madrid wins this is if Ronaldo produces another bit of magic.

Merrith

Wow. What a call at this stage of this tie. Holy hell. I agree there's contact, but I just don't know. Great header down by Ronaldo to set that up. Clearly Ronaldo will take it, as well.

Merrith

Well I must say. Well hit penalty in a clutch moment. Not how you want to go through, and that call might have been pretty light.