Soccer 2017-2018

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buffon retiring after being eliminated in qualification with Italy was worse.

What did he do?

Got up in the ref's face after the penalty call, no idea what was said though, but given the red.

All credit to Juvy for making the tie as close as it was, on the road and with no Dybala.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Poor juventus. Penalty looked really soft and most people would argue against had it been against their team. Such a shame, would have much rather had juve in the semi's than real.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly can't imagine Buffon saying anything to the ref that warranted a red card. Not with his experience, not with his previous track record. Over his total career, he's been sent off four times only, and never in the CL.

Merrith

I honestly can't imagine Buffon saying anything to the ref that warranted a red card. Not with his experience, not with his previous track record. Over his total career, he's been sent off four times only, and never in the CL.

I think he made actual contact with the ref, not sure how serious I was too blown texting that ref actually made that call in the final minute of stoppage in a 3-3 tie.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it were any other sport than Football, I'd understand it. No touching the ref. But this is not something you get red carded for.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think Juve were out on their feet anyway. After the 3rd goal they could barely get it out of their own end. Same as ManC, they just dug too big of a hole for themselves in the first leg.

Don't really care who LFC get in the draw, we'll batter any of them.

Merrith

I think Juve were out on their feet anyway. After the 3rd goal they could barely get it out of their own end. Same as ManC, they just dug too big of a hole for themselves in the first leg.

Don't really care who LFC get in the draw, we'll batter any of them.

I'm not as convinced Real pulls that out without a penalty or Ronaldo pulling something off. Just didn't feel like anyone else was going to score. Could have won in penalties, I suppose.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
We'll never know now. Madrid put in a pretty terrible performance but for Juve to hold out for another 30 min+ to get to penalties would have been something.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
That was a damn soft penalty. Watching it live on a shitty stream, I thought it was at first, but with the replays I would not have given it.

Buffoon I think was sent off for making contact with the ref + yelling in his face. I mean I can understand it. Incredible come back, your potential last game in CL and your team gets completely screwed by the ref.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think if that happened to your team you'd be outraged if you didn't get that call. Benatia clearly pushes in the back and then kicks him in the chest.

Merrith

I think if that happened to your team you'd be outraged if you didn't get that call. Benatia clearly pushes in the back and then kicks him in the chest.

Yeah when ref sees this from his angle, it's going to be a penalty every time.

NKgRmPQ.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's a penalty. Keep your fucking hands to yourself. That this is often not called as a penalty is imo the real problem.

faille

Molten Core Raider
There's no easy matches at this point but pretty happy with Roma.
Will still be a tough tie trying to break them down but hopefully they lose some of their form between now and then

Merrith

No easy matches but Liverpool definitely got the break with Roma over Bayern or Madrid. Madrid has has PSG, Juvy, and Bayern now in the knockouts.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Will be Liverpool vs Real Madrid to see who will be the titans of Europe. Madrid will be going for its 3rd straight, an unbelievable accomplishment. Zidane will have to be instantly skyrocketed into best manager ever conversation winning 3 straight CL titles to start his managerial career, lol.

I think Liverpool can beat Real Madrid, what a final that would be.

Merrith

Will be Liverpool vs Real Madrid to see who will be the titans of Europe. Madrid will be going for its 3rd straight, an unbelievable accomplishment. Zidane will have to be instantly skyrocketed into best manager ever conversation winning 3 straight CL titles to start his managerial career, lol.

I think Liverpool can beat Real Madrid, what a final that would be.

Liverpool can definitely score against Madrid's D.

Szlia

I am going to guess Madrid would not have suffered three goals against Roma Juventus (oups!) if Sergio Ramos was playing.

Last edited: