Soccer 2017-2018

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I am glad at least some folks are happy to see a 2nd half with 12+ minutes off grown men grabbing their ankles for no reason whatsoever.

I'd be more pissed at the ref just letting France rape Hazard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Its always fun to look back on statements like this.

Remembering stuff that was correctly stated previously? Yes it's always good to recall facts. That Witsel/Dembele/Fellaini midfield certainly was a sight to behold.....

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Anyway, Deschamps is going to Deschamps. Belgium had 9 total shots, 4 on target with I believe Chadli being the main passer. Nacer Chadli, more like pass badly lol. Oh well. Congrats to our eventual WC winners France.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Belgium tried to bring attractive football every game and didn't waste 12' in a half acting for an oscar.

Performance today was poor, but even with that we could have beaten France. Their team is not beter when both teams have a good day, and a fair ref is involved.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Belgium tried to bring attractive football every game and didn't waste 12' in a half acting for an oscar.

Performance today was poor, but even with that we could have beaten France. Their team is not beter when both teams have a good day, and a fair ref is involved.

Giroud could've had a hatrick if he wasn't drunk.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Go try and troll someone that hasn't been on FoH boards as long as me.

• 2Salty
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Go try and troll someone that hasn't been on FoH boards as long as me.

I'm not trolling. It was completely ridiculous time wasting and you have a valid gripe. I'd be rooting for Belgium if France lost. I'm just trying to get more people to post in the various politics threads. :D

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm

France is better because it went twice in a row in final while Belgium lost in quarter and semi. Yeah, sure, France didn't "look" as good as Brazil or Belgium but at the end of the day, it's about winning the games, not looking pretty. Sure that Belgium team looks good, but that team has been around since 2012, and constantly failed to deliver, so maybe it was a bad team after all ?
If you're supposed to have one of the best team in the world and the best you can do is a semi in 4 tournaments, something is wrong.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe a yellow card for time wasting should add +1 minute to the clock or something.
M'Bappe did something very dumb indeed, well it's very far from being as insane as what Zidane did, and it was probably much easier to aggro him since he's only 19 but still, I hope lesson learnt

• 1Like