Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not blaming the system for Belgiums performance.

I'm saying the system could be beter for everyone.

For who? The rules are the same for everyone.

Anyway, I'd agree the 3rd place game is pretty meaningless sans the players who didn't get on the field yet. And hey, the winner gets a medal so that's something.

For the final, picking France but hoping Croatia can find a way to win again. I don't see anyway that they can as France's D is just too good but you never know.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Its not because the rules treat everyone equally that the rules are optimal.

I understand this is beyond you and I'm fine with that.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Betting odds are roughly 2:1 for France. Also hoping Croatia can pull it off with a convincing win. The odds of that seem low: 1:4 for Croatia to win it before OT (1:1 for France). I'd prefer if France wins convincingly than if Croatia wins with a fluke tho.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Its not because the rules treat everyone equally that the rules are optimal.

I understand this is beyond you and I'm fine with that.

Hahaha. Please explain what is the optimal rule then for your examples, would love to hear this.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
hahaha, your a retard and I'm not going to spend time explaining the obvious to you

• 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm betting 0-0 at the end of the 1st half, and 2-0 for France at the end of the second half. Deschamps will go for his ugliest game to exhaust them. They've played an entire extra game, with 1 less day to rest and a team 4 years older and that french team has already played a final, the odds are really bad for Croatia. That being said, I don't think I'd be sad if Croatia won (unless at PK), last time a small country won was 70 years ago... And you can feel that Croatian aren't sparing any effort to win.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thinking France will win with a big Giroud header in normal time.

Would love Croatia to win it, but have to think they are shattered after the past few weeks. They've worked there socks off and I'd love a small country winning. Modric has been exceptional but he looked absolutely gassed in the England game.

Can't believe they are playing a 3rd/4th place game, seems like a complete waste of time and hope nobody gets injured tomorrow

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Thinking France will win with a big Giroud header in normal time.

Would love Croatia to win it, but have to think they are shattered after the past few weeks. They've worked there socks off and I'd love a small country winning. Modric has been exceptional but he looked absolutely gassed in the England game.

Can't believe they are playing a 3rd/4th place game, seems like a complete waste of time and hope nobody gets injured tomorrow

Giroud doesn't do shit in big games. Just look at his career in Arsenal. He was and still is the perpetual under performer when it matters. Croatia is gonna send France back to colonies

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Giroud doesn't do shit in big games. Just look at his career in Arsenal. He was and still is the perpetual under performer when it matters. Croatia is gonna send France back to colonies

Not arguing against it as I didn't follow Giroud's career all that closely, but didn't he have assists on two FA Cup winning goals in recent years? Although we might only think of the FA Cup Final as a "big game" for Arsenal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
He’s scored some of the finest goals ever, but never does it with any kind of consistency. He’s had a lousy tournament and I think he’s due a big goal. Begging Croatia to win, thought of Pogba and Griezmann winning World Cup makes me sick

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
of course.. it's still the bronze medal. What would you hold back for?

And now England has lost more games during this world cup than Germany :D

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game will be decided today by whether Pitana gives a red card to Croatia for their foul-focused defense, or refuses to card them appropriately. If he does, France will just keep scoring, and if he doesn't, Croatia will somehow get a 1:0 and then keep defending by foul until the game is over.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Cmon Croatia!
Can't say I'm a real fan but rather see them win than France. Mostly I want an entertaining game