Soccer 2019/2020

faille

Molten Core Raider
Any english locals able to clue me in on how to get tickets for games.
There's a chance I'll be in London during May and would love to get a game in at anfield (9th v chelsea) or just see them live (Arsenal on the 2nd, or Newcastle on the 17th). Obviously would be prepared to pay for it but couldn't go too crazy.

faille

Molten Core Raider
not really. they're not going to drop 100m at his whims.

And if they do, it'd be such a slap in the face to ponch since he could have done something if they'd backed him to that degree

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm surprised but not surprised. On the one hand Spurs league form for the entirety of 2019 has been really bad, almost relegation level. Don't think they have a single away win in the league this calendar year. On the other the odds of them still getting top 4 this season are really low and didn't Poch earn the chance to turn the ship around at least since if you don't get CL then who cares where you finish in the league as long as you aren't relegated?

Also think it's hilarious that last month Amazon started shooting a documentary like Hard Knocks, should make for some hilarious viewing next year.

There's a chance I'll be in London during May and would love to get a game in at anfield (9th v chelsea) or just see them live (Arsenal on the 2nd, or Newcastle on the 17th). Obviously would be prepared to pay for it but couldn't go too crazy.

I'm obviously not a local but I've been trying to plan this trip myself for 2 years now and what I've gathered is you really need to know a member who already has season tickets. Otherwise what's the successor to Thomas Hill? That seems the only real options as LFC tickets are super hard to come by right now. Also check with your local supporters chapter, the LA one has a game this spring where they got tickets. Though I think it was through Thomas Hill as well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am in DC LFC club and they always get guaranteed tickets by July for the upcoming season. That is how I am getting mine.I’m sure the LA and Melbourne clubs do the same.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As far as Mourinho and Spurs, it's clear in looking at the UK media that this brief was ready to go about him getting the job. I don't see how he helps solve Spurs issues which are mainly personnel related but it will probably rival AFTV for craziness seeing it all happen.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Holy shit Mou is back in the PL. I didn't think any team other then Everton level would take him back. Which I guess is Spurs in current form.

I em excited for the upcoming shenanigans. Not excited when Arsenal play Spurs. I think Spurs are playing ManUtd and Chelsea relatively soon, that should be very entertaining.

Would LOVE to see Poch at Arsenal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm

Try asking this on the specific subreddit for the team. I see this asked constantly in the Gunners subreddit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Really can't believe they gave Mourinho a 3.5 year deal at £15m a year to make him the top paid person at the club. That's ridiculous. Spurs have that money now but couldn't sell the players Poch needed to be sold to help with the squad issues? While I think Mourinho might be fine short term, why wouldn't he go right back to claiming that he needs 4 players and the club didn't give him the 4 players he wanted so results are now shit? And you're paying him £15m to boot.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if Poch will set the record for the shortest time out of management.
He'd bring significant improvement to Arsenal and ManU at this point

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
VAR continuing to prove itself the biggest joke

I'm assuming you're talking about PSG - Madrid? In general the rules of the game aren't really conducive to VAR is I think the takeaway from every VAR issue. With that said the refs are so bad that it seems ridiculous to do nothing.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
biggest issue I have with VAR is that you watch four different competitions and each has a different way of the VAR going.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And yet can you point to one way being better than the other? I've yet to hear any real complaints this season from Germany, Italy or Spain so it's just the English that are fucking this up?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whining here about VAR actually never stops

whining about a penalty not being called off due to being no foul at all:
https://www.zeit.de/sport/2019-12/lucien-favre-borussia-dortmund-mats-hummels/seite-2

generic whining about VAR:

and so on.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The whining here about VAR actually never stops

whining about a penalty not being called off due to being no foul at all:
https://www.zeit.de/sport/2019-12/lucien-favre-borussia-dortmund-mats-hummels/seite-2

generic whining about VAR:

and so on.

Not surprising. I think in the end you're going to need a major rewrite of the rules by IFAB or a more narrow usage of VAR. Too many instances where you have to be able to read the players mind to know intent which what the Ref is guessing on when giving major calls.

Anyway, LFC has this wrapped up I think. Another ho-hum derby win and we're 12 clear of ManC. The battle for 5-7 will probably be the most interesting thing with the remainder of the season.