Soccer 2019/2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
agreed. after 90 minutes I'd resigned myself to having our lead cut to 3 points, but here we are with 8 instead!
Hopefully last seasons's disappointment will keen everyone focuses and not take any lead for granted.

Without going into a long and boring diatribe, ManC statistically are still a better team. Just need to get lucky and with every win the amount of luck needed gets less and less. We're about at the same betting line as last January as a favorite but it's only been 8 games vs. 20+, so we have time to even grow the gap further. Figure we win our next 4 and it's probably done.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
ESPN has shit mathematicians covering soccer.
The biggest margin of victory on the road previously was eight goals, a joint record held by three clubs including an 8-1 win by Manchester United over Nottingham Forest in 1999.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
ESPN + soccer is kind of lolworthy. Best recent news for the sport is UEFA isn’t happy with TNT’s Champions League coverage which is understandable as it’s a joke. Hopefully they pull the contract.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ESPN + soccer is kind of lolworthy. Best recent news for the sport is UEFA isn’t happy with TNT’s Champions League coverage which is understandable as it’s a joke. Hopefully they pull the contract.

I can't stand it being on TNT. Usually only 1 game on at a time, and never the one I want to see.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Curtis Jones lifelong Red kicking in the winner....can't get better than that.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Could be the match of the season this upcoming weekend. Granted that's probably not true but then again the rest of the league is quite shit. Leicester aren't very good but are easily the 4th best team you'd have to say. Not sure how ManC will deal with basically having no CB's against us aside from just fouling as soon as they lose as they always do. Should be fun.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could be the match of the season this upcoming weekend. Granted that's probably not true but then again the rest of the league is quite shit. Leicester aren't very good but are easily the 4th best team you'd have to say. Not sure how ManC will deal with basically having no CB's against us aside from just fouling as soon as they lose as they always do. Should be fun.

Silva out

faille

Molten Core Raider
No trophies handed out yet but couldn't be happier with the result and where we're standing atm
First time I'm glad for an international break so we don't get a hangover result straight away

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We were up 11 on City last year before we capitulated. I like the drive and focus going on right now.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LFC looked as if they could score every time they crossed the halfway line while City huffed and puffed but really didn’t create much. I’d be more concerned if we hadn’t been through this last year but we have. The only reason you’d think we’d blow it is if you ignore all facts and are just a masochist.

• 1Salty

faille

Molten Core Raider
We were up 11 on City last year before we capitulated. I like the drive and focus going on right now.
when were we ever 11 points ahead? I thought the biggest lead we had was 10 after playing an extra game

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
when were we ever 11 points ahead? I thought the biggest lead we had was 10 after playing an extra game

pretty sure we we're but my point still stands. I am not going to get excited until I see that trophy lifted into the air.

edit: yeah 10 points but still holy shit.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
10 points but with 1 more game played so in effect 7. And LFC didn't even lose any games, it was 4 draws that did it. I don't see how you can qualify that as a blowing it, they got the 3rd highest points total ever.

To top it off MCFC are clearly not as good as they were last year, they seemingly give up good scoring chances to anybody that gets into their half. Now they'll probably spend £150m or more on defenders in January but that's not a guarantee that they'll improve. Pep seems to be already losing it so it could just as easily go the other way.

• 1Salty

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
10 points but with 1 more game played so in effect 7. And LFC didn't even lose any games, it was 4 draws that did it. I don't see how you can qualify that as a blowing it, they got the 3rd highest points total ever.

To top it off MCFC are clearly not as good as they were last year, they seemingly give up good scoring chances to anybody that gets into their half. Now they'll probably spend £150m or more on defenders in January but that's not a guarantee that they'll improve. Pep seems to be already losing it so it could just as easily go the other way.

Any other year we would have won with those points. Losing the lead with those draws was technically blowing it. My point is who cares? We got champions and this year Klopp is precision striking his hold on the title.

City is absolutely not the same as last year. I bet pep spends during transfers but they do not seem to have the same fighting spirit like they did in years past. Pep is coming hilariously unhinged. Just watch this