Soccer 2021/2022

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol England in a final.

What is the world coming to.

They did have like the easiest fucking road to a major final in history though, if they didnt have success with opponents like that then they would have truly been shite.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Italy is gonna fucking demolish them. And it will be beautiful. Sterling is a round-headed baboon, saying after the game that it was a clear penalty. In what fucking world? Sure, England was a better team but they sure make it easy to hate them. And make the rest of the world cheer for Italy. Also that ref might as well wave his career goodbye because he aint gonna be in any major tournaments, unless of course it was all part of UEFA plan to get England into the finals and he's gonna get a pat on the back and as a reward will get the champions league final as a reward.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

That penalty was undeserved, but Kane still had to convert under IMMENSE pressure. Everything was pointing towards England flubbing that opportunity, Kane goes wide, fans are gutted, Denmark win on penalties. But He didnt miss, he slotted home and they go on. And yes they were the better team IMO, so at the end of the day it wasnt egregious.

Finals are always topsy turvy though. Look at the last 2016 Euro, my Portugal side won against France, but it was after Ronaldo goes down to a leg injury in the 25th minute, and everyone thought it was over. But instead the timeless Eder puts an entire country on his back and nets in extra time to take the glory.

England could def win.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That penalty was undeserved, but Kane still had to convert under IMMENSE pressure. Everything was pointing towards England flubbing that opportunity, Kane goes wide, fans are gutted, Denmark win on penalties. But He didnt miss, he slotted home and they go on. And yes they were the better team IMO, so at the end of the day it wasnt egregious.

Finals are always topsy turvy though. Look at the last 2016 Euro, my Portugal side won against France, but it was after Ronaldo goes down to a leg injury in the 25th minute, and everyone thought it was over. But instead the timeless Eder puts an entire country on his back and nets in extra time to take the glory.

England could def win.

Well, Kane did "miss" with a shitty penalty, he just lucked out rebound came right to him for an even easier finish.

Jozu

Even more Englandy.

Yea I mean he got a goal in that situation, but he deserved it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Deserved final, for me the best two teams in the tournament from the start I think. Anxious for the weekend, two huge games featuring some awesome players. Messi/Martinez and 9 other bums against Brazil for the COPA, Sake, Kane, Sterling and 8 other bums against Italy for the Euro's. Really looking forward to it, which means both games will end 0-0 and decided by pk's.

Jozu

I think England get it done. Italy havent basked in glory since 2006 in Germany, but England has waited 40 years longer.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I wish England continues to lose at major events. Traditions are important and they must be kept

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Gayest penalty ever given

It clearly shouldn't have been a penalty, but the VAR doesn't allow that kind of correction.

If the referee whistles for a penalty, the only thing the VAR checks is if the players involved had physical contact. It is enough to have the players touch just the tiniest bit, and the penalty goes through - there is no actual check for a foul involved.

Shit system, but FIFA does whatever it has to in order to ensure it is one of the big countries that wins. They want that financial return.

While the entire world agrees it shouldn't have been a penalty, of course the English still claim it should have been.

Even if England loses today, they'll still be taking home the "biggest faggots in the EU title", which had been in France for several decades.

Congrats Maul Maul !

Jozu

Portugal is on the edge of another Golden Age, it just sucks they had such a tough draw.

They have Ronaldo (getting older but still extremely valuable and deserves his spot), Jota, Bernardo Silva (arguably best player for City), Bruno Fernandes (arguably best player for United), Joao Felix (arguably best player for Atleti), Cancelo, Guiererro and Renato Sanches.

They literally have 9 world class starters including their keeper, with the last 2 positions being Pepe and Mutihno, two older players but both stalwarts on their respective sides of the ball.

And every one of their star players besides Ronaldo is in their early or mid 20's. Its insane.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
tough start for Italy, great finish by Shaw. Italy looked strong after the first few minutes. should be good the rest of the way.

The Euro has been some of the best sport on TV lately and I typically only watch the world cup plus a few miscellaneous premier league matches

• 1Like

Szlia

Switzerland could not win two penalty shoot-out in a row as they lost to Spain.
Spain could not win two penalty shoot-out in a row as they lost to Italy.
Will Italy be able to win two in a row to become the champions ?

Szlia

Are there examples where subbing in some shooters at the very end of the match paid off in the penalty shoot-out ? It sounds so incredibly difficult to me, mentally and physically, to go from the bench to shooting a critical penalty kick 2 minutes later...

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Totally a 2021 finals, made all the SJW proud!! Evil white brexiters brought in a bunch of minorities for penalty shootouts, and they rebelled and effed over the evil white men by shooting blanks.
Well jokes aside, at least the winner is from true Europe :p.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Totally a 2021 finals, made all the SJW proud!! Evil white brexiters brought in a bunch of minorities for penalty shootouts, and they rebelled and effed over the evil white men by shooting blanks.
Well jokes aside, at least the winner is from true Europe :p.
you mean the side that threw in with the nazis? :p

good final but italy looked quite superior after the half

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
you mean the side that threw in with the nazis? :p

good final but italy looked quite superior after the half

Italy definitely did in the 2nd half, I thought England kind of took back the initiative in Extra Time, though.