Soccer 2021/2022

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ronaldo with two towering headers to snatch a W away from Ireland in the last 3 minutes, and becomes the top goal scorer ever in mens international football.

I love Messi but he just doesnt have the ability to score in the air like that. Headers are a huge part of Ronaldo's offensive game, whereas Messi almost never scores with his head.

Irrelevant when he's better at everything else

He also scored a header vs man United in a cl final

Thanks for reminding me why I never visit this thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol what the fuck?

You need mental health evaluation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Our national team plays like shit since the end of euro 2016.
But Fernando Santos won our only international title till now, so he has credit for like... Forever.
Thank God for Ronaldo lol

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He also scored a header vs man United in a cl final

While this was a nice goal, it wasn't exactly the same thing as the "towering headers" people talk about with Ronaldo. He wasn't going up over defenders to win the ball.

I'd agree he's better at most everything else, though

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
While this was a nice goal, it wasn't exactly the same thing as the "towering headers" people talk about with Ronaldo. He wasn't going up over defenders to win the ball.

I'd agree he's better at most everything else, though

I was responding to "he almost never scores headers". And how tall do you think Rio Ferdinand is?

And of course, someone who was prescribed growth hormone as a child, doesn't score towering headers

I believe Ronaldo is a better "athlete" and Messi has more natural ability. I believe Ronaldo makes up for that with ambition, dedication and work ethnic

• 1Like

Merrith

I was responding to "he almost never scores headers". And how tall do you think Rio Ferdinand is?

And of course, someone who was prescribed growth hormone as a child, doesn't score towering headers

I believe Ronaldo is a better "athlete" and Messi has more natural ability. I believe Ronaldo makes up for that with ambition, dedication and work ethnic

I think Messi still works pretty fucking hard. Neither guy ever likes coming out of games early, and I'm sure both would play every minute they could.

To be fair, frankly any time we talk about them now I just wonder if we'll ever see a prolonged length of dominance by 2 players the way they have for the last 10-15 years.

Jozu

I actually said I love Messi, Im not taking anything away from him, just pointing out that headers arent part of his offensive arsenal like Ronaldo. Not saying he is garbage because of it or anything just highlighting a fact. Messi can also do things that Ronaldo cannot, they are both phenomenal. Just Christiano has that ability to climb the ladder when he has to.

He has scored 135+ headers in his career. Messi sits at 24.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Comparing the € 45 mil value of Christiano to the 80 mil value of Messi makes it easy to see what the general idea is.

Messi on left, Christiano on right:

1630916228894.png

Messi scores more often, gives 40% more assists, is involved in a lot more goals, and has more awards. The Italian competition is not the Spanish either.

I know who I'd field, headers or not. The only numbers that favor Christiano in this table are due to him having played 2 extra seasons.

Ronaldo isn't making up though, he simply doesn't have the same results.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Merrith

Comparing the € 45 mil value of Christiano to the 80 mil value of Messi makes it easy to see what the general idea is.

Messi on left, Christiano on right:

View attachment 371310

Messi scores more often, gives 40% more assists, is involved in a lot more goals, and has more awards. The Italian competition is not the Spanish either.

I know who I'd field, headers or not. The only numbers that favor Christiano in this table are due to him having played 2 extra seasons.

Ronaldo isn't making up though, he simply doesn't have the same results.

Isn't this not totally relevant since Messi up until now has spent his entire career in La Liga, whereas Ronaldo spent a good amount of time in the Prem, some seasons in Italy, etc?

With Madrid Ronaldo's goals per game is a crazy 1.07, greater than Messi's 0.80. Scores a goal every 80.8 minutes in La Liga, involved in a goal every 63.1 minutes. Those would seem to be more comparable stats I would guess. It would probably be best to take Messi's similar years in La Liga over the same ages that Ronaldo played there, or just cut out the earliest seasons before Messi was in his prime, etc.

Jozu

Isn't this not totally relevant since Messi up until now has spent his entire career in La Liga, whereas Ronaldo spent a good amount of time in the Prem, some seasons in Italy, etc?

With Madrid Ronaldo's goals per game is a crazy 1.07, greater than Messi's 0.80. Scores a goal every 80.8 minutes in La Liga, involved in a goal every 63.1 minutes. Those would seem to be more comparable stats I would guess. It would probably be best to take Messi's similar years in La Liga over the same ages that Ronaldo played there, or just cut out the earliest seasons before Messi was in his prime, etc.
Exactly. Well said.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So Club Brugges managed to keep the 1-1 against PSG. Looking at the match, Brugges should have won.

Neymar had gained weight, Mbappé injured himself, and while Messi was decent, he did not manage to find his teammates or the net.

Pretty happy with the hard work paying of for a team with a total market value around that of Neymar.

If this is a sign of things to come for PSG, they aren't in good papers. The fact that their attackers don't join defense is going to be bad for them, since their midfield doesn't have the stamina to bridge between defense and offense against teams from more physical leagues.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
So Club Brugges managed to keep the 1-1 against PSG. Looking at the match, Brugges should have won.

Neymar had gained weight, Mbappé injured himself, and while Messi was decent, he did not manage to find his teammates or the net.

Pretty happy with the hard work paying of for a team with a total market value around that of Neymar.

If this is a sign of things to come for PSG, they aren't in good papers. The fact that their attackers don't join defense is going to be bad for them, since their midfield doesn't have the stamina to bridge between defense and offense against teams from more physical leagues.
PSG definitely need time to gel as a squad. You also have to wonder about Mbappe, sometimes thinking you're leaving can impact even the most mentally strong individuals (he's also been a bit of a brat the past year or two). I'm rooting for Marseille to give the UCL places a go this year, they aren't good enough to win the league, but they are fun to watch.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Spurs were champions of the first 3 weeks of the season while Arsenal were bottom. How quickly things change COYG

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Spurs were champions of the first 3 weeks of the season while Arsenal were bottom. How quickly things change COYG
Fuck yeah what a win! COYG!

Spurs are in trouble man. HK looks a shell of his former self.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Arsenal still aren't top and beat a shit team with a shit manager. This doesn't make Arsenal anywhere near Top 4.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Arsenal still aren't top and beat a shit team with a shit manager. This doesn't make Arsenal anywhere near Top 4.
I wasn’t implying they are a Top 4 team. We’ll be lucky to make it into the Europa league qualifier or whatever dunce level is below that, I just have had to deal with relegation comments from Tottenham fans for almost 4+ weeks. Let me savor my victory in which we smashed our most fierce rivals. We’ll have a surprise for a few teams this year if we play like this, but we aren’t fighting with the big boys again just yet.