SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Emotiv

Silver Squire
rrr_img_104486.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I wonder how long this has been planned. I don't see Smed walking in and saying he's done being CEO, but I doubt they'd spring it on him. I figure they intended to remove him when they did the merger and he was sticking around for the benefit of stability.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The word "successful" is used far too often in that article. It does say he might come back in another position, though. Guess someone has to work the break-room Fry-a-lator if you want fresh Mozzarella Sticks on hand.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Another setback for EQN I fear. The games he is "going to play the shit out of"....none of them are MMO's.
Game is pretty much fucking toast. They can't get basic gameplay functions working in their stupid voxel world and ain't no way Columbus is going to keep funneling money into the toilet. I'd say they would start over but that'd be like the 20th time and I'm pretty sure Columbus doesn't like that option either.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Game is pretty much fucking toast. They can't get basic gameplay functions working in their stupid voxel world and ain't no way Columbus is going to keep funneling money into the toilet. I'd say they would start over but that'd be like the 20th time and I'm pretty sure Columbus doesn't like that option either.
or Columbus forces DBG to release it in a horribly unfinished state. Vanguard 2.0.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
SoE really blew it. They had a dev studio with pretty much hands off interference from their benefactors as long as they made MMOs that were fun and made a profit.

How did they fail this? MMO fans are not that picky. Throw some fun systems together and release games! Now "Daybreak" seems to be crumbling and with it goes EQN which I was looking forward to.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
...as long as they made MMOs that were fun and made a profit.
If they managed to do this, as if it were that easy, they'd wouldn't have been sold off in the first place.

I mean, yeah, just throw some fun systems together and release games! Why, it's just that easy!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It was reading into a random tweet you dumb fucker, nothing to do with Smed directly. I deleted it because people generally take shit way out of context.