SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Oldbased

> Than U
I've reached out to Brad for comment.

Also anyone hear from Smedly?
He has been very quiet as of late on twitter and elsewhere. Only a few random splurges.
As for EQ I should clarify I don't ever want to see people laid off, just the IP itself I lost interest on after 8 years of playing.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not to be a dick or anything, but the writing was on the wall. why would they buy SoE and just keep it like the old SoE? Does not compute.
Well in his defense, even if he did know better, he had to defend the company and give the standard press response. I just didn't appreciate him being snippy and telling me to "keep up" because it wasn't about keeping up but discussing the reality of the situation.

Sorry for all the typos and incorrect auto-corrects. I'm trying to work and keep up with this all at once. This is golden... story-wise anyway. I am honestly not rejoicing in people being unemployed. That reality is unfortunate but I also believe you don't reward mediocrity. Not to mention many of these guys have come off as lords of gaming when they jokes that have rode the coattails of others or have received recognition and attention just because they're there.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I have a feeling Daybreak is going to clean up a lot of the EQ/EQ2 resources like merging servers. and focus on the new EQ game.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Glad you're still with them Elidroth.

Don't want to be paranoid but make sure your new bosses can't track you down here by your username. If they are making a list of redundant people to let go I'm sure if posting here has any effect it would be negative.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

Don't want to be paranoid but make sure your new bosses can't track you down here by your username. If they are making a list of redundant people to let go I'm sure if posting here has any effect it would be negative.
Seriously, we need you to stay put bro. Can't have you on the streets, applying for WIC and living off of baby formula and huffing glue like McQuaid and Georgeson

89795044.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well in his defense, even if he did know better, he had to defend the company and give the standard press response. I just didn't appreciate him being snippy and telling me to "keep up" because it wasn't about keeping up but discussing the reality of the situation.

Sorry for all the typos and incorrect auto-corrects. I'm trying to work and keep up with this all at once. This is golden... story-wise anyway. I am honestly not rejoicing in people being unemployed. That reality is unfortunate but I also believe you don't reward mediocrity. Not to mention many of these guys have come off as lords of gaming when they jokes that have rode the coattails of others or have received recognition and attention just because they're there.
He has the balls to put who he is on this message board and I don't blame him one bit for being snippy at random people under those conditions. He can't say things negative in his position about the people who sign his checks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My guess, EQ and EQ2 being put out to pasture with minimal support. Not sure about Planetside 2, its been doing Ok as of late, numbers wise, not sure about money. Plus they have that whole PS4 release coming up.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
They must have asked Dave for the combat design doc.

/i'll be here all week.

Vitality

HUSTLE

Yeah right. This place gives E-Dro mad street cred.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
He has the balls to put who he is on this message board and I don't blame him one bit for being snippy at random people under those conditions. He can't say things negative in his position about the people who sign his checks.
yeah... i'm cool with it and he has some ground because people he knows lost their job plus his own may be heading out himself. I wish the best for him and his fellow (former) workers. Believe me, I'm sad about this but it's been a long time coming. This just bring validity SoE/EQ is pretty well in a coma. We can only hope for good things in the future but i'm afraid that time may be truly gone forever.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah... i'm cool with it and he has some ground because people he knows lost their job plus his own may be heading out himself. I wish the best for him and his fellow (former) workers. Believe me, I'm sad about this but it's been a long time coming. This just bring validity SoE/EQ is pretty well in a coma. We can only hope for good things in the future but i'm afraid that time may be truly gone forever.
You honestly have to look at it as a positive. You allow a company to suffer a slow death and everyone loses their jobs or you cut some fat, make some changes and try to make things profitable again. I just hope they aren't being fucking twats and laying people off in stages. If you plan on letting people go let them know so they can prepare.