SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
From Aaron "Gnobrin" Bisnett's facebook, who had been producing every piece of armor and weapons for the last several years, and is just a fantastic guy.
such raw unbridled talent:

Cbx6hqn.jpg

Must've been real tough slightly tweaking a bunch of fuck awful looking gear once a year for a decade.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Hey everyone

Today is a rough day for us here at Daybreak. We are saying goodbye to some incredible friends. I want to reassure everyone that H1Z1 is still on track. We have a great team who is going to make sure that H1Z1 succeeds and thrives. Right now getting rid of the hackers is our highest priority. The changes today will not affect our resolve to rid the game of them. I just ask everyone to keep your heads up. H1Z1 isn't going anywhere.

You can read our official statement but I wanted to let you all know in person that the game we all love is going to live on. This isn't a time for doom and gloom.
From the H1Z1 Subreddit, looks like they made it out unscathed.

Bruman

Golden Squire
It's going to be weird in 2-3 years when, after shutting down all the non-profitable games (everything but EQ and EQ2), and putting those two just on skeleton crews just to maximize short-term profit (which is what investment bankers do), to have see EQ get sunsetted. I mean, sure I last played in like 2005, then again for a couple of months when it went F2P and that was it, but it'll still be odd not having the game be there.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This could mean big things for P99 if they shut it down. I can see most of the remaining population that didn't just log in to get their yearly fix stop playing cold turkey.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
This could mean big things for P99 if they shut it down. I can see most of the remaining population that didn't just log in to get their yearly fix stop playing cold turkey.
I doubt Daybreak will totally shutdown EQ/EQ2. They could just merge them into a few servers and "forget" about it.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Adam Clegg, world design/implementation for H1Z1 is in, not out:

Adam Clegg ?@Arclegger 3m3 minutes ago
Layoffs always suck, I am okay, a lot of fellow co-workers that were great developers across the company are not. Please hire them.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Jimmy Whizenhunt, combat designer for H1Z1 is also in:

Jimmy Whisenhunt ?@jimmywhis 2m2 minutes ago
.@NightHawk1412 @Arclegger Yeah, we're still here.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Noah Watkins, H1Z1 website design, is out.

Noah Watkins ?@noahwatkins 23m23 minutes ago
Anyone want to hire a Web Artist / UI Artist? Yep, I was one of the ones laid off at #Daybreak #DaybreakGames #Soe

Sucks

Oldbased

> Than U
Adam Clegg, world design/implementation for H1Z1 is in, not out:

Adam Clegg ?@Arclegger 3m3 minutes ago
Layoffs always suck, I am okay, a lot of fellow co-workers that were great developers across the company are not. Please hire them.
Jimmy Wisenhunt made it through this round as well.

Kelduum Revaan from the H1Z1 team is out however.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Ben Burnett, EQN/Landmark programmer (voxel tools, other programming) is in:

Ben Burnett ?@RtugokDaybreak 19s19 seconds ago
I'm okay.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind layoffs often happen in waves. Nobody there should feel safe at this point.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Jimmy Wisenhunt made it through this round as well.

Kelduum Revaan from the H1Z1 team is out however.
Anyone know what Kelduum did? Seemed to be odd game design jobs for H1Z1 like the ability to baricade windows. I have to say this for SOE - layoffs suck, and I feel bad for the people who are losing their jobs, but they're clearly cutting with a scalpel here and removing redundancies. It's smart.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Keep in mind layoffs often happen in waves. Nobody there should feel safe at this point.
Doesn't appear to be the case with this one, from what the developers are saying. If the rumors that they're laying off 40-50% of the company are true that's a single, massive cut - not a round.