SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah friends with her on Facebook she had to sell her new house and all her goats to take the position. It seems a lot of these people thought they where secure and got blind sided.
HOw the fuck can anyone think they are "secure" working in the gaming industry. Especially how its been the last 5-10 years. Its like an average mlb/football/basketball player thinking their home is "secure" in the town that they currently play in. NOPE.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
HOw the fuck can anyone think they are "secure" working in the gaming industry. Especially how its been the last 5-10 years. Its like an average mlb/football/basketball player thinking their home is "secure" in the town that they currently play in. NOPE.
The general sense I was getting during the whole layoff thing was that SOE was unusually stable (perhaps too stable) in the industry with regards to employment, so I guess it's not too surprising that people might get blindsided by the whole thing.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Brasse is a community relations chick and she's been in the same position for like 16 years pretty unheard of in this business.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i saw Elidroth logged into his GM toon on Ragefire beta.

edit -- loaded page more than 4 minutes ago apparently. there he is.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I dunno, bioware made a shit load of money last year off of swtor. NCSoft seems to be doing well worldwide. Square is making money off of ffxiv.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The general sense I was getting during the whole layoff thing was that SOE was unusually stable (perhaps too stable) in the industry with regards to employment, so I guess it's not too surprising that people might get blindsided by the whole thing.
Sony Online was the last employer in the area so they had nowhere else to go and the company had not been profitable since WoW launched if not earlier.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sony Online was the last employer in the area so they had nowhere else to go and the company had not been profitable since WoW launched if not earlier.
Was it a zero-sum company? No profit? Or was it just wasting money? Quite curious.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
They put Danuser in charge of senior designing world based NPC's that have quests which mislead you into empty water where you drown.

This, folks, is why this genre will continue to suck.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during this interview.

"I really have learned from my mistakes and don't want to lie my ass off any longer. It's been almost ten years of that. I look in the mirror and I do not even know who the hell I am anymore. And I learned from the wrong people. I want to learn from the right people now. But in fact, I'm lying my ass off to you as we speak".

Sad day. Blizzard usually sees through this bullshit.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Moorguard is the biggest cocksucker I ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From him sucking Schillings cock and giving them (BoTS guild in EQ2) access to raid instances they were locked out of, to telling everyone the frogluks were in game ready to be unlocked (straight up lie, they were not unlocked until they released some shit ass bugged raid zone to unlock them...btw which was the aforementioned raid zone Moorguards guild got a world 1st doing because he cheated for them).......well, fuck that piece of shit. I had guildmates looking for fucking weeks after reading the lore etc to try and find clues to unlock them (which would have been amazing if they hadnt lied)....they were ready to quit after they admitted they were full of shit.....ugh

Blizzard is stupid on an epic level.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Moorguard is the biggest cocksucker I ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From him sucking Schillings cock and giving them (BoTS guild in EQ2) access to raid instances they were locked out of, to telling everyone the frogluks were in game ready to be unlocked (straight up lie, they were not unlocked until they released some shit ass bugged raid zone to unlock them...btw which was the aforementioned raid zone Moorguards guild got a world 1st doing because he cheated for them).......well, fuck that piece of shit. I had guildmates looking for fucking weeks after reading the lore etc to try and find clues to unlock them (which would have been amazing if they hadnt lied)....they were ready to quit after they admitted they were full of shit.....ugh

Blizzard is stupid on an epic level.
BoTS reference! I remember all the drama with the froglocks....ah Eq2 memories!

Carry on please.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm betting the decision to lie about frogloks was above Moorgard's pay grade back then (he was just a community guy back then, iirc). So it might be a bit much to hold that one against him. Won't argue the other points.