SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh shit they have a company logo now, EQNext Confirmed For 3 Weeks From Now.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
somewhere along the lines he also said that the WoW and EQ model of MMORPG is dead. So we've got that going for us.Here.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Well... Not that it matters but I was just asking some casual questions just demonstrating some sympathy and concern about if they would have to move their offices and whoever trolls this board from Daybreak freaked out with some condescending tone about how that wouldn't be happening, nothing is happening or going to happen, and it's just a name change...

Looking ahead, we are happy to announce we will be moving our San Diego headquarters into a new office space this fall so stay tuned for more news on this front! As for our games - it's business as usual, but better than usual - as we have many new exciting developments for our existing IP and games, and other concepts in the pipeline.
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think what a lot of people said on this board ended up being very true. Sadly true as people lost their jobs but once you have either seen this or been through it yourself, it seems to always go down the same way.

Fedor

<Banned>
photo_1.jpg

gogojira_sl

shitlord
They've been saying that since before the great sand storm of 2013. That is nothing new.

What's new is the ugly website, bad logo and new office.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the guy who ran a notable IP into the ground through mismanagement says MMO's are dead? The market is diluted not dead. His mediocrity and EQN vaporware will not be hugely rewarded.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does he still have a job? I love how he put a smile on over 100 people losing their jobs..

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That just screams that EQN is about to be cancelled, or they are shifting there direction completely.
Honestly, are you retarded? EQN has never had any similarities with WoW and this is something Smed has been saying since they announced it.