SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think most of Daybreaks customers will welcome this.

Social media is cancer right now.

Did he keep his facebook?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Doubt it. Just trying to impose some discipline on himself.
here you go

I walked away from Twitter of my own choice.

I really love making games. It makes me happy. I saw Twitter as a great way to talk 1-1 with players which I love doing. I'm simply not going to let this make me lose focus....but I am going to walk away from Twitter and not miss it for a second. Life's too short to let things distract me from what I really like doing. I will miss the interaction with our players though. A great deal.

Smed

dobby_sl

shitlord
How many of you nerds would cry like babies to the rerolled staff if I took your facebook picture, put a dick on it, and then posted it on the forum?

Answer: all the nerds.

You guys would cry so hard, and post the most embarrassing shit just to let everyone know how upset you are.

Smed has been swatted, plane grounded to bomb threat, credit card applications out the ass, etc. Of course he is going to rage about it and then be like, shit, I just lost the game.

Ya, SOE/Daybreak is a piece of shit company with piece of shit employees like Elidroth that doesn't know dick about his own community. But I don't get how it's surprising that even a CEO would be pissed that his life is being trolled into the ground.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Being pissed about it as CEO doesn't make it right to act like a 5th grader on the internet.

The things he has said about why his Twitter is gone makes it sound like it wasn't a personal decision, it was one forced upon him or consequences. More likely it was you can't post things like that on Twitter or your job is gone (especially since it resulted in getting ddos'd for a week, which loses the company money) and he knew that he has no self control so just deleted it to control himself.

dobby_sl

shitlord
Being pissed about it as CEO doesn't make it right to act like a 5th grader on the internet.

The things he has said about why his Twitter is gone makes it sound like it wasn't a personal decision, it was one forced upon him or consequences. More likely it was you can't post things like that on Twitter or your job is gone (especially since it resulted in getting ddos'd for a week, which loses the company money) and he knew that he has no self control so just deleted it to control himself.
Your second part, I'm not disputing. Sure could be, I don't really care.

Your first part though, "doesn't make it right to act like a 5th grader..." If some 17 year old fucked with you as bad as this kid did to Smedley, you would be acting like a 2nd grader. Just because he is a CEO doesn't mean he shouldn't be rustled to the max.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yes it does, that's exactly what it means. You're the public face of a company, in that position you no longer have the ability to do whatever you want. There are standards you have to uphold.

Behaviour like his is why the whole company is as bad as it is, because leadership at the top is terrible and it just filters down. It's a poorly run company for a reason, because the leadership doesn't have any actual leadership.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many of you nerds would cry like babies to the rerolled staff if I took your facebook picture, put a dick on it, and then posted it on the forum?

Answer: all the nerds.

You guys would cry so hard, and post the most embarrassing shit just to let everyone know how upset you are.

Smed has been swatted, plane grounded to bomb threat, credit card applications out the ass, etc. Of course he is going to rage about it and then be like, shit, I just lost the game.

Ya, SOE/Daybreak is a piece of shit company with piece of shit employees like Elidroth that doesn't know dick about his own community. But I don't get how it's surprising that even a CEO would be pissed that his life is being trolled into the ground.
Why did you have to make an alt account to post this?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes it does, that's exactly what it means. You're the public face of a company, in that position you no longer have the ability to do whatever you want. There are standards you have to uphold.

Behaviour like his is why the whole company is as bad as it is, because leadership at the top is terrible and it just filters down. It's a poorly run company for a reason, because the leadership doesn't have any actual leadership.
I'm not a fan of smed. Blame him for the fall of EQ (my precious!) and all that. But I wouldn't wish what he went through on anyone. And until you've gone through it yourself you have no place to call him out for it. You sound more like a petulant child than he does actually. At least he has a right to be angry.

edit: Being the head of a company doesn't automatically take away your right to defend yourself and your family.

rimalz_sl

shitlord
Talking shit on the internet isn't really "defending your family".
You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to know talking shit to packet kids = downtime.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a fan of smed. Blame him for the fall of EQ (my precious!) and all that. But I wouldn't wish what he went through on anyone. And until you've gone through it yourself you have no place to call him out for it. You sound more like a petulant child than he does actually. At least he has a right to be angry.

edit: Being the head of a company doesn't automatically take away your right to defend yourself and your family.
What about my post sounds like a petulant child? I've talked clearly, without insults, about what professionalism looks like. Something Smed has never had a clue what is. The company as a whole is a very poor work environment, and always has been. It's because of that lack of leadership. Have you ever read the critiques of the company from past employees, or even talked to them? Everything there is a blame game and petty office drama. It's a top down problem, when your CEO acts like he does what makes you think he's going to have people under him that are better?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about my post sounds like a petulant child? I've talked clearly, without insults, about what professionalism looks like. Something Smed has never had a clue what is. The company as a whole is a very poor work environment, and always has been. It's because of that lack of leadership. Have you ever read the critiques of the company from past employees, or even talked to them? Everything there is a blame game and petty office drama. It's a top down problem, when your CEO acts like he does what makes you think he's going to have people under him that are better?
I just find all this piling on Smed for being the victim very, very repugnant.

I'll jump in and join you again once you start talking about Smed's part in destroying my precious (EQ).

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Personally if someone was offering a bounty of 5k for someone to deface my father's gravestone I'd be pretty fucking livid myself. Let alone all the other shit, like terrorist bomb threats, they've done to the guy.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Because I'm John Smedley
large.gif

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just find all this piling on Smed for being the victim very, very repugnant.

I'll jump in and join you again once you start talking about Smed's part in destroying my precious (EQ).
There is no pilling on, there is calling what is truth. There are only like 3 other people on this forum who apparently have any idea what professionalism is and have posted similar thoughts. If anything the majority here are defending his petty actions.

Not a single person has defended what was done to him. Two wrongs still don't make a right.

You can keep on posting irrelevant thoughts and not replying to what I've actually said though, because you know what I've said is true.