SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Screenshot_20180608-113644.png

So looks like both Brad and Smedly are junkies. Is that what it takes to make a great MMO?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'd assume it's the 3 big hotdogs and a gallon of mountain dew code red from 7-11 he eats for breakfast every day

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So looks like both Brad and Smedly are junkies. Is that what it takes to make a great MMO?

EQ was never great, but for a couple years it was the best we had available. It could have been great, but you had assholes like Abashi running the show who had nothing but contempt for the players, and loved fucking them over.

yes I'm still bitter about what they did to monks in vanilla and kunark

• 3Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
EQ was never great, but for a couple years it was the best we had available. It could have been great, but you had assholes like Abashi running the show who had nothing but contempt for the players, and loved fucking them over.

yes I'm still bitter about what they did to monks in vanilla and kunark

monks are like white girls complaining about not getting paid enough.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can say what ever you want, about who ever you want... but my opinion is that talking about depression and the people that have it in a way that paints them as junkies is irresponsible.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Even with the recent focus on depression due to the increasing suicide rates, it's still extremely difficult for most people to understand how destructive it can be. Losing control of your brain and rationale with every thought path coming up in a negative conclusion is terrifying. You lose complete control, your brain just does not work logically. It's pretty amazing anyone makes it out and returns to a normal life, at least from severe cases. If you don't have a strong support group somewhere behind you that understands the issue and steers you through it, you're essentially already gone.

I've lost people to this because I thought it was simply being sad or just a general weakness in the person that they could "tough" it out. I've learned how wrong that was when I lost my 16 year old daughter. Hope anyone dealing with depression finds help from a professional that understands it and has family/friends that won't ridicule them while they try to recover.

• 16Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 16 users

kudos

<Banned>
I feel like depression will only increase with the way society functions now. Too much bullshit stimuli and not enough healthy community interaction. Something tells me cavemen didn't have depression. I think a lot of it also has to deal with humans working meaningless jobs we were never meant for. There is a reason they had to put a net up at Foxconn to stop all the jumpers.

As far as Anthony Bourdain, I have a hard time believing relationship problems weren't creeping up or he went back to hard drugs and it's a "suicide" instead of an OD.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like depression will only increase with the way society functions now. Too much bullshit stimuli and not enough healthy community interaction. Something tells me cavemen didn't have depression. I think a lot of it also has to deal with humans working meaningless jobs we were never meant for. There is a reason they had to put a net up at Foxconn to stop all the jumpers.

As far as Anthony Bourdain, I have a hard time believing relationship problems weren't creeping up or he went back to hard drugs and it's a "suicide" instead of an OD.

He hanged himself. That's usually not how you OD.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Jeez I wasn't making fun of depression guys I was making fun of some millionaire telling his followers to take some bougie treatment that

90% of the population can't get with their insurance and most states don't offer yet.

Sure if you are a tech millionaire CEO in San Fran get all the special K shots you want but telling people who can't get this miracle treatment that they should "try it out" is just going to make them more depressed and/or try to find this shit on the black market and hurt themselves.

It was just a tone deaf response to a celeb suicide

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like