ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Solar Opposites

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2020-05-08

Creator: Justin Roiland, Mike McMahan

Cast: Justin Roiland, Sean Giambrone, Thomas Middleditch, Mary Mack

Overview: A family of aliens from a much better world must take refuge in middle America after the destruction of their planet. Their mission: protect the Pupa, a living super computer that will one day evolve into its true form, consume them and terraform the Earth.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why do they need to terraform a planet that is already terraformed?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Why do they need to terraform a planet that is already terraformed?

They were supposed to go to a non terraformed planet and end up on Earth.

Finished this. I thought it was alright. You can definitely hear Rick in the main alien character. The best parts of this show all have to deal with the terrarium wall that the kids have in their room.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, I keep hearing Rick, Morty, and Summer. Plus it has the same art style.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm enjoying it. I love what the pups gets up to as it's silent sub-plots and background gags

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Should I waste my time with "fine"?

If you like Rick and Morty then it will give you some entertainment. It's not long either, only 8 episodes. The best parts are the Pupa and the Terrarium. Now, am I gonna be anticipating season 2 like I do seasons of Rick and Morty? No, but I would watch it.

• 1Solidarity

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was like watching a mediocre season of Rick and Morty except that I disliked the two main characters more often than not. A decent season of R&M has several cool ideas for episodes that are memorable and entertaining, Solar Opposites had the terrarium; everything else just fades from memory.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched the first two episodes. I like it fine. Like a Rick and Morty spinoff. Same sense of humor, but not a total redo either. The nanobot AI thing was like a gag pulled straight out of interdimensional cable. And, of course, the terrarium, and just the kids in school in general, are the best part.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I feel like "why does this exist?". Stop wasting your time and put your full effort into R&M instead.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I feel like "why does this exist?". Stop wasting your time and put your full effort into R&M instead.
I'm pretty sure Dan is the one who holds R&M back in terms of how long it takes between episodes/seasons.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure Dan is the one who holds R&M back in terms of how long it takes between episodes/seasons.

Yea, but if this is Roiland without Harmon then it means Rick and Morty would be an even more random and disjointed series with no likeable characters. His video game was the same way. He just does off the wall shit that is funny for a minute but totally forgettable outside of being so weird.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Binged it in a couple days when it came out, after a second viewing I like the show and I definitely like it more than latest season of Rick and Morty. That said I feel like it is an alternate dimension in Rick and Morty that Rick has found but ignores because he like being human more.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah watching it feels like watching the adventures of Rick D-17938 or something but in this dimension Rick is an alien and kind of retarded, and Morty is Terry but grown up and not so anxious.

Still not done with it, but the terrarium continues to crack me up. I wonder how they got all that stuff in there.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So this show is pretty much a mediocre derivative rick and morty...except for a small side plot that's...fucking amazing?

The Wall needs to be its own show, and forget about the stupid alien characters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database