Solforge

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been the pusher of Solforge, but I'm getting burned out by losing to decks with simply superior cards. I'll eek out some wins due to superior tactics, but it's rare.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been the pusher of Solforge, but I'm getting burned out by losing to decks with simply superior cards. I'll eek out some wins due to superior tactics, but it's rare.
I kickstarted this last year and have been playing through the betas. It was one of the first of what turned to be a flood of online card games. Incredible how flavor of the week these things are right now!

I really did like playing the first beta of this but now looking at all the different competitors, in reality this is probably going to wind up#4 on my list behind Hex, Hearthstone and Cardhunter.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The game needs a ranking system very badly.

As a KS backer, any one I play that is not a backer has roughly 0 chance. Opening a shit load of packs and having each faction starter deck (which you cant even buy anymore) is just such a ridiculous leg up.

It isnt fun for me to stomp people with no thought and it cant be fun for them to just get stomped with no recourse.

However, I am not sure how much that would even help at this point. The game really feels like the person with the better deck will win roughly 80% of the games, barring drowning in their own drool. Most of the losses in the remaining 20% will probably come from flooding on level ones post turn 12 and not from any spectacular play from an opponent.

This game has definitely fallen behind hex for me (not that I feel Hex is a fair comparison as it is far more comparable to MTG than this game is) and I really want to try hearthstone now.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I wonder what the % of people playing who were backers vs nonbackers looks like. I'm roughly 40 and 2 as a $25 backer. I feel like I see some playing mistakes but a ton of deckbuilding mistakes. Shardplate Delver for example is a pretty awesome card that I've seen almost no one rolling Uterra play (and it is a super common card). Lots of people wasting time with technosmith and other cards. I have 3 legendary cards in my deck of which echowisp is the only one I would really really hate to lose.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
In a world where Ether Hound is viable, Echowisp should be 4/1 < 8/1 < 10/3

But thanks for the inadvertent heads up. I'll check out Hex and Heathstone

hey ya Ether Hounds are all teh Undead have, and it's not even an ud card fuck t his game, nah really tho fuk it

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Nek Uterra is probably the best deck you can build.
Yeah, Nek/Uterra is what I'm ~60-2 with now. Not sure I believe the "best cards" win thing. There is a baseline you need to have, but there are a lot of really terrible deck builders/players.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Chatted with one of the main guys (PM I think?) at Pax. Main things of note is that they are super aware that they need:

1) Match making, so that people who are just starting are matched against others. This is the asap goal.
2) Ways to trade cards amongst players
3) Leaderboards
4) Drafts/Competitive stuff.

These are the things they are focused on pumping out asap and hope to have in before December with the match making being the highest priority. Future stuff after that will likely include pulling in leveling, achievement, etc type motivational stuff but they see all these as table stakes that every game of this sort should have. Seems like they have a good idea of where to go from here, so will be interesting to see what happens.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
Started playing this tonight. Cracked a legendary in my first pack. Basically going white/black for now. I don't know if I like being able to cast two cards a turn regardless of their power. Seems like that might skew things towards the rarer cards.

I'd like a way to grind out silver rather than relying on dailies.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Update:
Some cards tweaked
New Cards

Draft Tournaments
Still free and you get a free draft ticket.

It's easy to win draft/event tickets also.
Winner of draft gets premium pack

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
They pretty much have to at this point right? I tried this game, Might and Magic Duels, and Hearthstone, and this game by far is the worst.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hearthstone to me was awful.
Still loving this game.
my tag is Conefed is any want to challenge me.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved it too but then I discovered Duel of Champions.
Gave Duel Of Champions a try after your suggestion and meh the two are only remotely comparable. It's too slow and wonky.
It doesn't soothe the itch Solforge satisfies. Couldn't get through the tutorial.

Solforge is clean and streamlined and in its elegance comes its appeal.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I started playing Solforge about a month ago. I haven't bought any packs, I just log in, get my free shit, do three games against the computer on easy, and then some random online timed matches until I get a ticket.

I have managed to put together a Nekrium - Uterra Deck that does pretty decent now. It focuses on Tarsus Deathweavers, Nightgaunts, Uterra Creature buffs, Nekrium Removal and debuffs, and an army of Creatures that spawn things in place when they die (Death Seekers, Nerali Oozes). I don't use ether hounds or hunting packs though. Ether hounds don't seem to keep up damage wise and hunting packs never seem to trigger enough for me. Nightgaunts + Dryads boon can quickly turn into a massive headache for anyone relying on creature based removal.

The only legenday I use right now is Varna's Pact, I only have one copy though. Another fun spell is Phytobomb, again I only have one copy. If I have a deathweaver out on the field and either of those cards come up along with a group buff like ferocious roar or group meal, that produces a ragequit combo half the time.

There are plenty of decks that can still destroy me. Especially anything that has those ridiculous cards that go to level 4. But this deck has produced some pretty impressive wins against decks chock full of legendary cards. I would love to get some echo wisps, more Varna's and some Fleshfiends. Deathweavers are just a lot of fun to build around.

Overall the game is pretty simple to enjoy and jumping in to get my daily rewards takes very little time. Having no chat client just feels weird though.