Someone hit my parked car...suggestions?

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Conclusion:

They paid out blue book for my car, which was $12,000. I'm happy with it. I have to turn the rental in Monday so over the weekend I've been trying to decide what to get. I thought about being an asshole and buying the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
I'm impressed.

And also pleased with your idea of buying a Hellcat. I haven't been in one of the new Dodge Challengers - are they nice? As much as love the idea of driving a Hellcat around the "fit and finish" would worry me a bit in one of those. But it's pure speculation since I haven't been in one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Conclusion:

They paid out blue book for my car, which was $12,000. I'm happy with it. I have to turn the rental in Monday so over the weekend I've been trying to decide what to get. I thought about being an asshole and buying the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
Not worth it. It's way, way overpowered for the chassis and so far it seems you'll be waiting a long time and paying 80K for it. (60K + dealer markup, they are a 'collectible' car).

If you really want a boat (the challenger goes fast in a straight line, nothing else) then get a Scat Pack and put the proper suspension/rubber on it or buy an SRT and FI it yourself and save yourself 20-25K+.

Honestly, though... 2015 Mustang GT with Performance Pack and throw FI on it if you must. The thing is heads and shoulders above the Camaro and Charger as a DD and the new Coyote V8 and drivetrain can comfortably do 600-650HP without much trouble. The thing rides as close to a BMW (during the golden years) as you can get from anything domestic and the steering feel is amazing.

Just going to toss this here...2015 Road & Track Performance Car of the Year - Decision: Impossible - Road & Track#3, only behind Ferrari 458 and Porche Carrera GTS...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
People who refuse to pay after a court order here usually end up in prison or have just have it seized by the court and distributed among the victims, if they would the money. If they don't have the money, their paycheck gets confiscated.

What happens in the US when you win at court, the court orders her to pay all the damages and she just says no?
It's all the same here, but the problem comes in because the type of people that usually hit parked cars with no insurance are the types that are likely uninsurable due to multiple DUI's and have no money or job because of their raging alcoholism. You can sue them if you want, but you can't get blood from a turnip and them going to jail doesn't do you any good. I know a couple of people that have had their cars fucked up by drunk drivers and gotten nothing out of it. Luckily, the OP just got hit by a texting retard and not one of these people.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
More important: Did she get her license pulled or such, or is she still driving around while texting whomever and hit & running MY car next?