Soprano's prequel

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought they already made that in movie form.

Goodfellas

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Newark is still scary as shit, pull into the wrong street cuz you're using gmaps and trying to find long term parking for the airport, or you go 5 blocks too far if you wanna catch an event at the prudential center, and your car gonna get raped.

spronk

FPS noob
why the fuck would you make a movie, make an anthology TV series or something and put the same core cast in different gangster periods

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
In this era of PC TV? Yeah right. It’ll be reworked into a multiracial gay sitcom.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
So basically he couldn't get anything else made and had to go back to the well?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
why the fuck would you make a movie, make an anthology TV series or something and put the same core cast in different gangster periods

Yeah I cringed too. This is just wrong format, especially for David Chase. I wonder how this project came about.

I just can't see this going anywhere as a movie... It's going to bomb. Hard.

Gonna check numbers on Ben Affleck's movie just to see how much market there even is for this genre post-2016.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Smells like too big a mortgage and a shifty accountant whos gone missing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh lord this is going to bomb so fucking hard.

• $90 million (gross)[2]
  • $65 million (net)[3]
Box office $22.7 million[4]

They need to keep the budget really low. If it's a 10 million dollar movie he might have a chance.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the stink of the last 2 and a half seasons of The Sopranos has probably washed off for most people by now. The attachment to the series alone will make it at least mildly buzzworthy for most.

As for me I just watched The Sopranos for the first time about 6 months ago. First 2-3 seasons are pretty good. Everything after that is meh to terrible. I don't even know what the fuck s6 was supposed to be. All those idiotic Tony dream sequences that last almost entire episodes. Awful.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the stink of the last 2 and a half seasons of The Sopranos has probably washed off for most people by now. The attachment to the series alone will make it at least mildly buzzworthy for most.

As for me I just watched The Sopranos for the first time about 6 months ago. First 2-3 seasons are pretty good. Everything after that is meh to terrible. I don't even know what the fuck s6 was supposed to be. All those idiotic Tony dream sequences that last almost entire episodes. Awful.

When they killed Jackie Jr instead of making him a season regular in some capacity, it was a sign that David Chase isn't really all that. He's even admitted the fuckup. Keep in mind that Meadow's boyfriends were absolutely atrociously written and atrociously casted in the followup seasons. So the loss of Jackie was not for any creative purpose-- it was out of an absence of writing.

If they wanted to reduce his story on the show there were plenty of options to do so.

Huge black mark on Sopranos. Coincidentally it jives with your rating of the seasons.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
jonw.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Who's up for some Johnny Cakes?

Brad2770

I still need to watch this show. Maybe I will wait for the prequel and then finally watch it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When they killed Jackie Jr instead of making him a season regular in some capacity, it was a sign that David Chase isn't really all that. He's even admitted the fuckup. Keep in mind that Meadow's boyfriends were absolutely atrociously written and atrociously casted in the followup seasons. So the loss of Jackie was not for any creative purpose-- it was out of an absence of writing.

If they wanted to reduce his story on the show there were plenty of options to do so.

Huge black mark on Sopranos. Coincidentally it jives with your rating of the seasons.
iirc the series was supposed to end in S4.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
iirc the series was supposed to end in S4.

Through that lens, entirely forgivable. A redemption-maturity arc running through Season 5 would have done wonders.

The fan groups speculated it was Jackie Jr's limited acting range at the time that got him whacked, but he played boorish college dropout shitlord pretty well and he was passable enough-- its not like he was Chris's crew bad or anything. There was some debate I guess whether to include the anti-climatic whacking scene in the finale (probably because it was garbage moreso than a debate over "should we whack him" at that point). I had read it was a last minute type of thing, which explained the jarring abruptness. In a show of despicable balding gastric bypassed villains he stood out as the quasi relatable shitlord we could all aspire to be. Never forget the concession stand lockbox!