Sound of Freedom (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Amazing $14.3 million opening day, beating out Indy 5.

Even if this is super front loaded, that's impressive. If it has any legs at all, it's going to be one of the biggest financial hits of the summer (it only had a $15M budget).
its budget was only 14 million too.

Cybsled

Kind of interesting that a movie that has gotten very little hype/publicity managed to beat Indiana Jones and the Dial of Disaster, despite Dial getting hyped everywhere I look. It's not even surprising at this point. These studios have lost the plot and don't have their finger on the pulse of the actual zeitgeist anymore. I think it's becoming clearer that the last couple years have been fake zeitgeist after fake zeitgeist supported by a small minority of the actual population.

In terms of its production budget it is doing well, but in terms of actual overall dollars taken at the box office, Indiana Jones is still doing better.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Saw this tonight. Definitely hard to watch but the message is the most important thing right now. More people need to see this. They have a "pay it forward" thing set up so you can buy tickets for strangers.

Earlier today Peterson put out an interview he did with Caviezel and Ballard.

Another really good interview.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I really hope they do a sanctioned stream of this somewhere. Theaters creep me out.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's dropped down to 1.5M below Indy the second day so looking to be super front loaded, but still the kind of results that can help get these kinds of films made in the future. Promoting through churches and keeping a reasonably small budget is actually a pretty good recipe for success in recent years.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's dropped down to 1.5M below Indy the second day so looking to be super front loaded, but still the kind of results that can help get these kinds of films made in the future. Promoting through churches and keeping a reasonably small budget is actually a pretty good recipe for success in recent years.
It was only in 2500 theaters while Indiana Jake was in 4600. It's per-theater average is completely owning.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've liked basically everything Jim Caviezel has been in that I've watched. Outlander is in my top 5 dumb sci-fi movies. I will definitely see this when it comes out, but fuck going to a theater for any reason.

However, it is impossible not to laugh at the number of people having a religious experience over just talking about seeing this movie. It is the most NPC behavior I've ever seen, but also excellent guerilla marketing. The number of old Avaya phones in the trailers is extremely funny to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
However, it is impossible not to laugh at the number of people having a religious experience over just talking about seeing this movie. It is the most NPC behavior I've ever seen
You calling out 'NPC behavior' is some funny shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've liked basically everything Jim Caviezel has been in that I've watched. Outlander is in my top 5 dumb sci-fi movies. I will definitely see this when it comes out, but fuck going to a theater for any reason.

However, it is impossible not to laugh at the number of people having a religious experience over just talking about seeing this movie. It is the most NPC behavior I've ever seen, but also excellent guerilla marketing. The number of old Avaya phones in the trailers is extremely funny to me.
i checked out the beginning on a bad cam copy. it looks like its very disturbing and infuriating.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
holyshit, this was filmed and completed b4 covid in 2018...

bought and shelved by
1qJI.gif

• 4Like
  • 1RAGE
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Multi unit building you big tittied bitch. However holds with the rule that right leaning women are better looking. Can't imagine she's a Democrat if their girls night out was to go see this movie.
Apparently on Facebook some people said the exact same thing about AMC and this movie in my town. When they asked about it they said, "call corporate."

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seems like there's fire then and not just smoke if multiple cities are reporting "broken AC" at AMC theaters.

Remember Disney did not want this movie released after they acquired it from Fox.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users