South Park Stick of Truth

xzi

Mouthbreather
Really enjoying all of the references to past shows I'm finding all over the town. Even super small stuff, it's really great.

Had to quit playing for a bit but came back in the Church and found this and I lold.

1qEYHOE.jpg

1qEYHOE.jpg

1qEYHOE.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will this game be funny/worth it if I stopped watching South Park after the third season?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It will probably be more funny/worth it, since a lot of stuff (references, imagery) is taken straight from the show. The jokes will be all new for a non hardcore Southpark fan.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Will this game be funny/worth it if I stopped watching South Park after the third season?
I've only seen an episode here and there and I'm still enjoying it. I'm sure I'm missing a crap ton of Easter eggs but it's still amusing.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm curious about this as well. I used GMG instead because I didn't know anyone who had used D2P before but I'm curious to see how it turned out for anyone.

Also when do you get the preorder dlc content? I only had enough time last night to get my first weapon but should I have had it by then?
You get the pre-order items when you hit level 2, which is basically when you finish the initial invasion on the KKK.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also, your pre-order content will be in your stash in your room. Double click it to take it out of storage.

nuday

Golden Squire
Anybody pick this up for console instead of PC? I'm seeing random stuff about some serious stuttering/crashing bugs on 360.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
D2P issue is probably what I posted a few days ago. Ubisoft went and blacklisted RU/CIS keys very late, and D2P probably has a whole shitload of them that are now worthless to anyone outside those territories, and they are scrambling to get legit keys from somewhere else. No idea where they're going to get WW keys from cheap enough to honor all the pre-orders they took, if they do they're probably eating a loss on them.

As for the game, goddamn do I suck at it. I cannot get the timing down for blocking to save my life (literally... two game overs already since leaving the tutoral).

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Went to wal-mart at midnight and picked up my copy (along with a red ps3 controller...been searching for AGES for one).

Holy crap this game is hilarious.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
About 2 hrs in so far on PS3 - some slowdowns during loading (seems to start levels partially loaded or something - choppy for a few seconds after a zoning) otherwise flawless.

And yea Vorph I don't know if I'm old or what, but the timing is MUCH faster than I am used to. No game overs from it, but still getting way more beat up than I would expect from mistiming.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I've had a few game overs

Al Gore is a real fucking hard boss, haven't beaten him yet

But yea, the timing seems a bit rough at times. The fps drop (im on ps3) comes from running from area to area really quick

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
10/10 if you're a South Park fan. I don't know how to rate it if you aren't, though. It's just a perfect use of the license.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's hovering around 85 on metacritic. Seems to be about 10ish hours per playthrough

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone that pre-ordered with Direct2Play receive their key yet?
I got an email stating that we'll get our keys at 5pm today, or on the 7th. If it's the 7th they're offering a refund. So far I'm not too impressed with them as I'm getting boned on my first purchase potentially.