South Park Stick of Truth

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I restarted the game using a mouse/keyboard... and promptly switched back to using an Xbox controller. It really is made for controller use. It occurs to me also that I NEVER used Kyle. I stuck with Butters for ages, used Kenny briefly and then stuck with Jimmy and Cartman except when Stan was specifically needed.
You missed out, Kyle is easily the strongest buddy.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can I purchase this game through the PSN store and if so can I play it on my ps4 or its ps3 only?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
No its not for either of the new consoles. It was firmly designed for last generation (remember how incredibly late it is...) I suppose they might eventually make a port for the newer systems but that is entirely dependent on sales.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
So got this last night and took 3:45 hours to get to the first censored sections. It's annoying but given I've already watched them all on youtube it's not a major lose and given how awesome the game has been so far I can put up with it.

Also am really surprised by how solid the game has been given it's from Obsidian, maybe this shows previous games issues have been due to publisher-imposed time constraints

Wrathbane

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hate this game now, only because I work at Gamestop and they hit their allocation of pre-orders on the collector's edition sometime in January without telling us. So now a bunch of people didn't get theirs and I have to deal with their shit like it's my fault.

Wrathbane

Golden Knight of the Realm
Being South Park, it's like 50/50 normal people/this guy,

nc61QHl.jpg

For any other game it's mostly all shapes and sizes of that guy.

nc61QHl.jpg

nc61QHl.jpg

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Just beat it. On PC so I don't have achievements, but I have gotten everything and done every quest with the exception of obtaining every piece of equipment. Was a fantastic game, and for the record, I didn't encounter a single bug.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hate this game now, only because I work at Gamestop and they hit their allocation of pre-orders on the collector's edition sometime in January without telling us. So now a bunch of people didn't get theirs and I have to deal with their shit like it's my fault.
As a former Gamestop employee, I feel your pain. Good to know some things never change. There's no rage quite like nerd rage.

Side story, I was around at Gamestop back when the first South Park game came out for N64. It was rated mature, we could not sell it to minors. We actually had 1 mom come in and bitch us out because we wouldn't sell the game to her 10 year old an hour earlier. From the discussion we had, she obviously had NO idea what the show was, she just thought it was some random cartoon. Way to pay attention to what you 10 year old is watching on TV lady. She ended up buying it for him anyways. Game + strategy guide was like $90. Goddamn N64 cartridges were expensive. I think we had South Park for like $74.99 at launch.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Finally beat the game with a Jew. My fighter game is at Mr Slave so I'm nearly done with that as well. Anyone have any opinions on Mage and Thief? I'm gonna run through the game one more time to get the friend/chinpokomon achievements since I've learned from my mistakes of my first two completions.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thief is pretty sick. You can stun-lock the hell out of most things and bleeds destroy shit.
Aside from the occasional execute to lower armor on a boss, I never bothered using my abilities. Spamming multi-hit ranged weapons with bleed strap-ons was far stronger than wasting time with abilities.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've found once enemies started having armor or shields nearly every fight I would start using abilities.. especially once you get OP buddies like Kyle/Cartman.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished the game, bumped the difficulty to hardcore fairly early but game was still overall easy, other than one part where the trash mobs aoe you for insane damage so if you get initiated on, you pretty much die even if you perfect block everything, kinda weird. Mostly though I was one shotting everything that wasn't a boss with the big fire aoe from the mage class and using the +fire gloves and +fire armor(and whatever for helm, never found one, nor did I find a strap on that increased fire dmg, only gross, lightning and cold).

I missed some stuff though, I got the chimpokomon and every quests I had but I'm missing one entire set(2nd set on 2nd row I think), one piece of one set(witch set) and one weapon(looks like a scepter), and I have a souvenir photo quest item still in my bag that I never used. Not too sure where the stuff I missed is. But eh, great game anyway, lots of really funny shit. Canada was hilarious.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Finally beat the game with a Jew. My fighter game is at Mr Slave so I'm nearly done with that as well. Anyone have any opinions on Mage and Thief? I'm gonna run through the game one more time to get the friend/chinpokomon achievements since I've learned from my mistakes of my first two completions.
Mage is good and bad. Getting mage-specific equipment is pointless because it's all about PP regen, and after getting the right perk or 2 you regen like crazy anyway. As a result my character was a little class-confused as I just stacked armor and +healing and heal-on-hit effects. At some point though I almost entirely stopped using weapons, and I beat any given boss in the 2nd half of the game without my main character getting below 4/5 health.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The bit about audio recordings in the alien ship was spot on. I fucking hate when games do that.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I can't seem to get bleed to stack very often as a thief. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I click A every time I see the flash and no bleed stack.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't seem to get bleed to stack very often as a thief. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I click A every time I see the flash and no bleed stack.
On backstab? Only does 1bleed, 2 if you spec for it. You simply need to press the button 3times on the 3 glows then it hits and bleeds. Normal attacks don't bleed unless the weapon specifies it does or you add an upgrade on it that makes it do it. Didn't have a single issue with that, just all the fucking press a random button shown on the screen for half a second ones since I still can't instinctively figure out xbox buttons, which they had like all 4 buttons shown and which one you have to press highlighted.