SpaceBalls The Schwarttz Awakens

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He should spoof the prequels. That largely gets around the issue trying to replace all of the original cast that have passed away and would definitely have some appeal to Star Wars fans.

Caliane

Good parody/spoofs are of things you love, and are well liked. it would be very hard to do a prequel spoof that is not incredibly tired.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He's hilarious. His Larry David crossover was fantastic on Curb.

Even the line in the interview (no sauce) he said he would only be doing this movie if Bill Pullman was attached to it. And no one got the joke. The comments were filled with "What a great guy.". He's hilarious.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
He's hilarious. His Larry David crossover was fantastic on Curb.

Even the line in the interview (no sauce) he said he would only be doing this movie if Bill Pullman was attached to it. And no one got the joke. The comments were filled with "What a great guy.". He's hilarious.
Ok, that went over my head as well. Care to explain?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's no joke, he's said he wants to do it.

Brooks stated back then on Adam Corolla's "Take A Knee" podcast, "In Spaceballs, in the movie, Bill Pullman says to me, Yogurt, just plain Yogurt, he says 'Do you think we'll ever meet again?' and I say 'Well, I don't know.maybe in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.' And I'm thinking now, if I did a movie that came out right after Star Wars comes out - maybe a couple of months later - I'd have a big weekend, you know?"

Coming to today, Brooks recently appeared on the podcast again and said that not only is he hoping to potentially start filming in early 2016 but he hopes that some of the original cast will return!

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
She looks Druish!

God a new Mel brooks movie would be grand. SJW entrails everywhere from the suicides.

Column_sl

shitlord
I was looking for a Mel Brooks movie I hated, and I can't find one. That Jew is just funny

1995 Dracula: Dead and Loving It
1993 Robin Hood: Men in Tights
1991 Life Stinks
1987 Spaceballs
1981 History of the World: Part I
1977 High Anxiety
1976 Silent Movie
1974 Young Frankenstein
1974 Blazing Saddles
1970 The Twelve Chairs
1967 The Producers

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wasn't there a new "The Producers" that he did too? I can't remember if helped direct that one or not.

And yeah, the guy is gold. I hope he makes this and then a History of the World: Part III

Royal

mel brooks is 89 and hasnt directed a movie in 20+ years. im assuming this is just a joke
He's in pretty damn good shape for a guy his age. He did a stand up show for HBO called Live at the Geffen just last year. The old guy still has it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ok, that went over my head as well. Care to explain?

It may have worked better if it was Daphne Zungha or whatever her name was. Point is John Candy is dead, he can't be involved and Pullman (I love him) isn't exactly hard to get...

There's a huge difference in saying we wont be doing Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford, it's entirely another thing to say we can't do Spaceballs without Bill Pullman! And very Mel Brooks ala Larry David's version of the Producers where I think he even uses the exact same line.

spronk

FPS noob
It may have worked better if it was Daphne Zungha or whatever her name was. Point is John Candy is dead, he can't be involved and Pullman (I love him) isn't exactly hard to get...

There's a huge difference in saying we wont be doing Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford, it's entirely another thing to say we can't do Spaceballs without Bill Pullman! And very Mel Brooks ala Larry David's version of the Producers where I think he even uses the exact same line.
i thought it was a lame pun on not being hard to pull in a man named PULL MAN

Jait

Molten Core Raider
i thought it was a lame pun on not being hard to pull in a man named PULL MAN
You know I almost added that knowing Brooks maybe what he was doing went over my head or maybe I was just looking too deep into it, though it seemed obvious to me.

Thank you for proving that point even better.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Dude has outlived like half the people he's worked with.

You said rape twice.

PS: Still don't know what he meant by a "Blazing Saddle."

Royal

PS: Still don't know what he meant by a "Blazing Saddle."
I don't think it was any sort of double entendre. A saddle with a lot of silver work on it would reflect the sunlight and look like it was "blazing" from a distance.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If it was just meant to sound heroic I guess it would explain why the guy who did the theme song didn't know it was a parody.

Royal

He talked about that in his HBO show. He said Frankie Laine absolutely loved that song. It just shows what all around entertainment chops Mel Brooks has (he co-wrote it).