Spartacus

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I thought the episode was okay. The gladiator fight tribute for Crixus seemed out of place. The Romans were closing in and the end seems near, so lets have a party. Spartacus has spent most of this season attempting to get the slaves to act more noble than their roman counterparts, and he then proceeds to force the Romans to fight for their amusement. I could understand it more if there was a gradual depiction of Spartacus relinquishing his high-minded standards, but there wasn't a clear portrayal of that this season. It seemed to drag on forever and, with no sense of peril for the slaves, it seemed like mildly titillating slaughter.
Dude, they sent Crixus' head back in a bag. To me that's all the justification needed for Spartacus to step off the moral pedestal.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if they stick to the whole, never found Spartacus' body I'm thinking either he escapes from the end battle, probably injured and just goes into hiding or something. That or he dies, some of the slaves retreat and take the body with them and end up giving him the gladiator's death by burning his body etc etc.

Sad it ends though, such a great tv series overall.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So if they stick to the whole, never found Spartacus' body I'm thinking either he escapes from the end battle, probably injured and just goes into hiding or something. That or he dies, some of the slaves retreat and take the body with them and end up giving him the gladiator's death by burning his body etc etc.

Sad it ends though, such a great tv series overall.
From the trailer, it looks like it's Spartacus against a bunch of guys himself. They might go the 300 route and let him die with honor, while some of the women and children escape to the hills.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I wish Tiberius got one last rape in before he was killed. Or I wish the slave lover of Crassus would have shoved the knife in his ass instead of his stomach.

The lack of rape this episode was severely troubling.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish Tiberius got one last rape in before he was killed. Or I wish the slave lover of Crassus would have shoved the knife in his ass instead of his stomach.

The lack of rape this episode was severely troubling.
Sadly, I lament at the lack of future rape on this show.

What does it say when they are doing a recap to start the show, and they show all of Tiberius' rape victims? I was LOL'ing at the recap yesterday.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Liam Mcintyre posted on his twitter to be sure to stay after the credits in episode 10

Maybe its one of those hopeless situations where you assume spartacus dies just to see him roaming the hills after the credits? who knows.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Letting Spartacus live would actually be sort of a not-happy ending. It'd be like at the end of braveheart if they just let William Wallace get up and went "jk, jk. Go back home man. Just try to behave this time, ok?"

Either dead in honorable glory or captured and sold back into ignoble slavery. I can see the Crassus character maybe chopping off his hand and taking him on as a house slave JUST to fuck with Spartacus for the rest of their lives.
OR in the season finale of the 4th season of "Caesar", Spartacus jumps out of the back of the senate with an impossible slow-motion 50 foot leap and screams GAIUS!!! and decapitates Julius in 4 different ways simultaneously.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
The tribute scene where everyone named out someone to honor was pretty damn awesome. I'm glad Spartacus called out Varro's name. There has never been a moment in television that angered me more than when Spartacus was forced to kill Varro...thinking about still angers me very much.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I like that someone yelled out Bakka also. It actually made me wonder about S1 again and I rewatched the last episode. It really made apparent how much of a loss it was to lose Andy from the role, seeing him again after multiple seasons of the new guy (who himself isn't bad at all).

The guy playing Caesar looks so much like Brad Pitt that it's weird to look at him. I'm experiencing the uncanny valley or something.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Trading for the wounded captives from Crixus' army was straight up retarded, they are supposed to be running away from Crassus, but they are close enough that a bunch of walking wounded can stumble over to Spartacus' arena party but the romans still can't catch them ? ;p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like that someone yelled out Bakka also. It actually made me wonder about S1 again and I rewatched the last episode. It really made apparent how much of a loss it was to lose Andy from the role, seeing him again after multiple seasons of the new guy (who himself isn't bad at all).

The guy playing Caesar looks so much like Brad Pitt that it's weird to look at him. I'm experiencing the uncanny valley or something.
Yep
rrr_img_20008.jpg

And I didn't think about that. Getting 500 wounded is a terrible idea. Crassus should've hamstrung the wounded and then gave them to Spartacus, lol.

Also am I the only one who couldn't possibly care less about the homosexual love triangle between Agron, Agron's boyfriend and Agron's boyfriend's admirer?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Also am I the only one who couldn't possibly care less about the homosexual love triangle between Agron, Agron's boyfriend and Agron's boyfriend's admirer?
I'm confused because Agron is the top, the boyfriend is the bottom, and the black dude looks like a bottom also. They're incompatible.

I know too much about gay relationships, or I'm full of it. One of the two

I'm confused because Agron is the top, the boyfriend is the bottom, and the black dude looks like a bottom also. They're incompatible.

I know too much about gay relationships, or I'm full of it. One of the two
i'm gay. they are the least interesting thing on the show. their interactions doesn't seem genuine. moreover, it's written so blandly so as to be the least "offensive" towards straights. the saving grace is that they did have a fullon/equivalent sex scene near the end which i enjoyed moreso due to outcry(entitlement/homophobia) on the internet.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was actually talking to my GF about how it is weird. Agron is the clear power top. The only way I could see the gay pirate and Agron's boyfriend working out is Agron's boyfriend being a power bottom.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
wish i could find the clip of "it's always sunny" explaining power bottoms, power tops, bears, and otters.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Informative:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top,_bottom_and_versatile

Neither Agron or his boyfriend appear to be power-anything. It's just a very bland gay couple. I'm not quite sure if their relationship is a gimmick or an attempt at being Will and Grace-style progressive. Topping/bottoming is not necessarily related to body size, but I'd assume the black pirate is likely either versatile or a top. If Agron wasn't so jealous, he could have potentially had himself a three-way.