Spartacus

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fuck, I became watery-eyed. Great ending to the show, I actually didn't want to watch the final episodes due to how sad it would be to see the cast die off
frown.png

Nice to see Andy at the end, but the "In Memorian" really should have been adressed to him as well.

MossyBank

N00b
When Spartacus was dying all I could think of was Andy. And it got me emotional.
frown.png

Pretty great TV show start to finish, minus the abysmal pilot. Lots of people will discover this show as time goes on and think "wtf did I not watch this?!"

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Watched it over again today and it was just as moving. How has this show escaped an Emmy? I mean sure, at first glance it's easy to dismiss it as just visceral entertainment, but in reality this show was drama at its finest. These last two seasons in particular had superb acting, story, dialogue, costumes, and cinematography. I can't think of any show that has made me care as much for the characters as this one, and that isn't accomplished through simple action and bloodletting. Also, this last season in particular Liam simply nailed it-- you could pretty much see the anger and ferocity radiate from him in this last episode.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what to say.......

What an awesome show. Liam deserves all the credit in the world. He was thrust into a role that was almost impossible to fill, yet still pretty much nailed it. With that said, I really fucking miss Andy as Spartacus. It was awesome either way, but it was just sad that he died when he did. Its a heavy role, and both guys performed almost perfectly.

Gannicus' end was fucking stupid Im sorry. They could of at least had him die in glorious battle, instead, nope crucified! Qhorray or however you spell her name getting crucified was powerful though. Mixed emotions. DId anyone actually watch that Davinci show? The previews look so fucking stupid I didnt even give it a chance.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I read somewhere he was crucified in real life, so they went that route. And in the end, it doesn't matter. He's victorious in the afterlife. He fought the good fight and went to his reward.

Maul

Dental Dammer
This is definatly my favourite show of all time, just pure entertainment every episode. Not dragged out like fucking Lost or Prison Break.

Fuck, i'll buy the blurays when they are out for sure.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
It doesn't really matter but was there a reason why when they went to crucify Agron they put the stakes through his hands but with gannicus it was the wrists? I remember when they were doing it with Agron they said he was never going to be able to hold a sword again, so why wouldn't they do that with all the gladiators? Maybe it was to make him suffer longer? I dunno.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The proper way was through the wrists/arm bone area because the hands typically could not hold the weight of the body, although they were tying the arms as well.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Probably one of my favourite shows of all time. Unreal ending, suspense episode to episode. I wish every show was as awesome as this. I am truly sad not to get to see any new episodes. Steven Deknight is a master and Im looking forward to his next show.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's in my top ten, but not up there with The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones or Mad Men. Those shows are fine art, this show is lots of fun.

Flame On!
Really? You're already crowning GoT? What for? Having one good season, one mediocre season and a third season where their budget is so tight they can't even show a single battle?

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Really? You're already crowning GoT? What for? Having one good season, one mediocre season and a third season where their budget is so tight they can't even show a single battle?
And, despite those limitations, it's still one of the better programs on TV. The worst episode of GoT is still significantly better than the best episode of The Walking Dead. GoT may not be the most revolutionary series ever on TV, but it's easily in the 97th percentile for all programs.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No argument. It is a good show. Is it up there with the dramas Lyrical put it with? Nope.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
And, despite those limitations, it's still one of the better programs on TV. The worst episode of GoT is still significantly better than the best episode of The Walking Dead. GoT may not be the most revolutionary series ever on TV, but it's easily in the 97th percentile for all programs.
I stand 100% by my viewpoint, that the quality of story and acting puts GoT in my top five.