Spatial Ability

9/9 pretty quickly, though ive always been good at this kind of thing. you can almost ignore the cubes as a whole and just work on matching patterns/finding the odd one out with the more directional symbols.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I thought I had it, but 6/9. My friends on vent got 5 and 6/9, so I'm in average company.
frown.png

After seeing which ones I got wrong, I can definitely see that I was wrong. If I had used any kind of tool to draw notes I would have had it, but I figured the point was to do it in your head, and I underperformed.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Unluck. Random guessing would get you better than 1 out of 9.
Random guessing DID get me a better score: 4/9. I already know I have a very poor spatial brain. I can turn them into cubes, but remembering and rotating them all along 2 axis all at once? Forget it.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
8/9 here, got 6 right. Don't care enough to go back through and see which I got wrong. I used the 'cut/rotate' method as well. Get 4 sides lined up and compare

Taloo_sl

shitlord
6/9 Left 7-9 unanswered. The first four I solved quite fast via elimination X is across from Y. Number four X was always across from Y so I found a W and a Z which gave me an odd man out. 5 and 6 I solved via orientation of the hearts and arrows only, from reading the replies I may have fucked that up and got lucky since others seem to have solved it with x cant't be next to y. It took a lot longer as I actually had to form the cubes in my mind which took a little time since I focused on direction of the pointed tips with all blocks placed flat with the same corner of the same square in the left front corner facing me. 7-9 I looked at had multiple avenues of attack I could use to solve in probably more time than I care to spend via the method I used in 5 and 6 or in seconds by hand so I left them blank.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
3/9 and I chose randomly on 6-9 because my head was starting to hurt. Fuck this =/ I'm awesome at logic puzzles though!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
9/9 here as well, but I've always been good at those. 6 was definitely the one that took the longest for me.

My strategy is much like others I'm sure, but I essentially took something like this approach. I'd look at a center block on the first one and fold 2 or 3 blocks down around it, see how they would relate to each other, and then fold the other boxes around the same center block. If all 4 matched, I'd pick another center block and repeat. 6 was the hardest for that because of the fewer symbols with two each, and that the configuration where the arrow (I think) was out of place required the most "folding" to verify that. It is easy to fold one block down on each side and check the arrangements (at least for most of us), but when you have to fold something like 4 times to get the final placement, it can get a little confusing.

The 3 hearts one was probably the easiest for me.

Not being sexist here, but it is my understanding that women are much worse at imagining 3-dimensional rotations in their heads (which relates to them never having a fucking clue where they were going in MMOs...seriously, we all knew those chicks, right?). I'd love to see the results based on both age and gender.