Spatial Ability

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
6 out of 9, guess I wasn't very good at recognizing the pattern between the mentally folded boxes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well the 'why' is because it's objectively wrong. There's no other possibly 'why.'

iannis

Musty Nester
But they could show you which was wrong and a diagram of how it was wrong.

You just look for opposing symbols and hope that you only have to do it once instead of 3 times. The iterations get increasingly more convoluted. At my 2nd pass on #7 my eyes started to ache, so I stopped. It's a good test, but is it really a spacial awareness test? I'm asking. You don't have to manipulate the figures very much. It almost seems like a basic "do you know what cubes are" test.

Doing that with 12 sides would be hellish, though.

Squeakster_sl

shitlord
That was cool, fun to do. I got 8/9 too
I had:
1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. A

Not sure which one was wrong.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was cool, fun to do. I got 8/9 too
I had:
1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. C
6. B
7. D
8. A
9. A

Not sure which one was wrong.
I got the same score (8/9), and then I used the extra spatial abilities endowed upon me by my browser's back button to change 6 to A and that was 9/9. YMMV?

nu_11

8/9... wtf? i thought i had them all
i have 6 right if 6 is A.
was pretty easy considering it's the only one with a square to the left of an arrow, the others were to the right

EDIT: accidentally picked wrong answer on 2. 9/9

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
9/9
1. B
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. C
6. A
7. D
8. A
9. A

A trick I like to use in these kind of puzzles is to rip the squares mentally, rotate them and glue them properly to other squares in order to make the shape closer to the others so the comparison is much simpler, much harder to mentally shape the cubes.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
9/9

I deal with a lot of spatial relations due to my job, its actually on the entry test for our local and wipes out a large portion of applicants. haha. They give them two parts of easy math, then bitchslap 'em with a mechanical aptitude part and then a spatial relations one.

One of the tricks of it is to pick a directional point and figure it out from there. Too many people try to "form the big picture", and that's how you fuck up. Common sense and process-of-elimination can really help you. I'll explain it with number 6, which I found wasn't too difficult for me (I'm not bragging, just saying it clicked easy for me) but a couple people mentioned might've gotten wrong.

What immediately caught my attention with #6 was the one arrow with two circles near it. In the cases of B, C, and D...it became pretty clear to me that the two circles would position themselves behind and to the left of the one arrow. When I looked at A, it became fairly obvious that the position of the "left" circle would actually be on the right of either of the arrows, and that the "left" position was going to be occupied by a square instead. Here's a picture of it with some lines to show you what I mean.

gsoFVUt.jpg

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
9/9. 6 wasn't really that hard. 4 was the hardest for me since I developed a pattern and was looking for certain things, but constantly looked over the obvious choice, once I took a 'glance' of the big picture that gave me the answer.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
9/9 making images I can play around with in my head is one of my strong suits, find each cubes keystone by looking for a pattern about ~3 squares long then work from there.

I made 6 work by finding a pattern 2 arrows pointing in the same direction pointing at a box, 6 didn't stand out as particularly hard vs the other ones with the method I used. I had the most trouble with 9 until I figured it out the same way fadaar did.

Fadaar

That guy
7/9 and I thought 9 was the easiest.

If you fold A over it's the only one with two opposite sided hearts facing the same direction, quick glance at the other 3 and you can see that's not the case for the rest of them.

Tea_sl

shitlord
2/9 I have no spacial reasoning what-so-ever. The stories of me getting lost are legendary, my grasp of left and right is ephemeral, and my judging of distances would generously be described as juvenile. Seriously, border-line retarded at spacial reasoning.