Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seems like AEW narrowly won the NXT feud and had a very strong start to their RAW feud.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Dynamite beats RAW in total viewers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Seems like AEW narrowly won the NXT feud and had a very strong start to their RAW feud.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Dynamite beats RAW in total viewers.
Oh to be a fly on a wall in Vince's office when AEW overtakes WWE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and The Owen Hart Foundation (OHF), a nonprofit charity which provides a vast range of assistance and opportunities to individuals in-need across the world, are collaborating to honor the legacy of late wrestler Owen Hart, a beloved figure in the professional wrestling community and beyond. This collaboration includes launching the annual Owen Hart Cup Tournament within AEW, which will see the winner receive a Cup known as “The Owen,” as well as the production and distribution of unique and original Owen Hart merchandise, including specified retail goods as well as the upcoming AEW console video game.

This alliance incorporates opportunities to develop Owen Hart action figures via AEW’s partnership with Jazwares, apparel, posters, and additional collectable merchandise. Owen Hart is survived by his wife, Dr. Martha Hart, who spearheads The Owen Hart Foundation with a mission of providing global aid to at-risk communities (e.g., scholarships, housing, various forms international assistance, food drives, backpack giveaways and Christmas projects).

You have to think how they handled Brodie factored into this decision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't watched it, but why would Tommy even agree to that show? Way to hose your entire career in 60 minute cable show. The one thing out of it is Ric won't end up in AEW which is what I was hoping for.

In Sabu's book Sabu tells a story of Sandman being drunk at a house show and coming to the ring naked. Tommy was trying to sort that out and salvage the main event and not take a face full of a cock described as "greasy" from a very uncooperative Sandman. Given the shit he's seen and dealt with I can understand why he had a hard time seeing what the big deal even was. Rick Flair wanted you to touch his cock? And?

But holy fuck what are you doing bagging on the stewardess in the year of our lord 2021? She certainly appears genuine and then there's you ripping a mother for taking the money and moving on (while being pressured from her employer to drop the whole thing) interspersed with Terri Runnels telling stories about the fucked up shit she routinely ignored. Do wrestlers not have a term for normies? That flight was way over the line for a normie and he's got zero empathy. Which hey, I'm not saying he needs to get in touch with his fee fees but goddamn keep that shit in the locker room.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
RAW went all out this week, and gained almost 10% in viewership. They also set the demo rating at a lofty 0.49 IIRC. AEW Grand Slam has a high bar set for it if they want to beat RAW in the demo for the third straight week. I'm sure they will, but it's funny to see WWE trying to stave them off like this. Looking forward to when they're beating RAW in the overall viewership so people can stop fighting over demo versus total numbers. Of course then the stans will just move onto "well they didn't beat Smackdown".

TBS is available in more homes so they'll be able to better compete with Smackdown then, but Smackdown has a huge built-in advantage being on a network.

Anyway, I'll be at the FOUR HOUR GRAND SLAM EXTRAVAGANZA tonight in New York City. This is going to be sick, but I'll admit being pretty let down that the main event is non-title. I figured we'd get a Bryan run for a few months before Omega recaptures it. Also, between this and Christian, if Omega loses tonight I'd say he's been losing too many non-title matches and it's gonna dilute his eventual loss to Hangman. ...if that's still happening. Losing the title for a bit and regaining it generally helps the champion, while losing non-title matches just makes them look like a moron.

• 1Like

Araxen

I'm jealous you get to go. It should be an amazing night of wrestling. If BD/Kenny get 30 minutes, it'll be well worth it even if everything else stinks. lol

I'm really hoping TNT let's them go over tonight, and they don't have to end exactly on the hour. They have so much crammed into 2 hours tonight, it's insane.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
What a cock tease of a match.
Not seen it yet (just the finish, it's 4am here) but it looked amazing.

RAW went all out this week, and gained almost 10% in viewership. They also set the demo rating at a lofty 0.49 IIRC. AEW Grand Slam has a high bar set for it if they want to beat RAW in the demo for the third straight week. I'm sure they will, but it's funny to see WWE trying to stave them off like this. Looking forward to when they're beating RAW in the overall viewership so people can stop fighting over demo versus total numbers. Of course then the stans will just move onto "well they didn't beat Smackdown".

TBS is available in more homes so they'll be able to better compete with Smackdown then, but Smackdown has a huge built-in advantage being on a network.

Anyway, I'll be at the FOUR HOUR GRAND SLAM EXTRAVAGANZA tonight in New York City. This is going to be sick, but I'll admit being pretty let down that the main event is non-title. I figured we'd get a Bryan run for a few months before Omega recaptures it. Also, between this and Christian, if Omega loses tonight I'd say he's been losing too many non-title matches and it's gonna dilute his eventual loss to Hangman. ...if that's still happening. Losing the title for a bit and regaining it generally helps the champion, while losing non-title matches just makes them look like a moron.
Best thing is that RAW is hot shotting shit to keep up and Dynamite is just going to randomly have it's monthly weaker show with no big matches to set up new storylines and not give a shit. I don't think they counter programmed NXT at all did they?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210922_200803.jpg

Damn. That show was incredible

• 3Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It blows my mind that meltzer or someone like that making a Twitter post about how no one can get 10 thousand fans to a show outside of the WWE gave birth to a company that 2 years later is selling out 20k seats multiple times a week, have two prime time tV shows, another 6 or so hours a week of web programming, and have Poached the biggest stars the WWE made post 2004. They are spending a ton, b it they are making over a million a night on tickets for these big shows. And they have working relationships with every large company in the world other than WWE. It’s only a matter of time until AEW has a super show with Impact, AAA NJPW and ROH that sells out a stadium.

omega
Punk
Danielson
Okada
Naito
Bucks
Andrade
Jay White

you slap them together with a monster undercard and I have no doubt you can sell 75 thousand seats

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I was hoping for 1.5m viewers (or whatever is needed to break the AEW record) and was fairly certain they'd handily beat RAW's .49 demo rather than essentially tie.

The fact that this didn't get 1.5m is disappointing to me personally because there was zero reason for this to not break their previous records. Maybe if they'd had Bryan/Omega in the main event instead of the opener?

I also need to add that the crowd here was the LOUDEST I've ever heard in person. And it was quite literally packed to the rafters. Walked in at 8 PM on the dot when it was full, and it was absolutely stunning. Arthur Ashe feels like a larger Madison Square Garden with a retractable roof. Same kind of magical feeling, just bigger. I'm glad they kept the roof closed for this because the acoustics were off the wall, literally. Best show I've ever been to crowd-wise and it isn't even close (and I was at all of the Hoffman Estates shows last month). I'll be at the Boston show at the end of October but after this I'm not sure how it'll possibly out-do what I've seen already, unless it's Bray Wyatt's debut. ...come to think of it, I think it's the first show after his non-compete is up, AND it's right before Halloween...

• 2Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
He is a fucking idiot but he's ours. lol

edit: I tried hunting down the video of a very out of character MJF talking with Ethan Page and Ricky Starks. He is the complete opposite of his character. He said something to the effect that if he feels a friend of his is mad at him he legit loses sleep over it. It was so goddamn bizarre to watch. Here's the only clip of it that I can find. At least I know it wasn't a dream.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Araxen

I was hoping for 1.5m viewers (or whatever is needed to break the AEW record) and was fairly certain they'd handily beat RAW's .49 demo rather than essentially tie.

The fact that this didn't get 1.5m is disappointing to me personally because there was zero reason for this to not break their previous records. Maybe if they'd had Bryan/Omega in the main event instead of the opener?

I also need to add that the crowd here was the LOUDEST I've ever heard in person. And it was quite literally packed to the rafters. Walked in at 8 PM on the dot when it was full, and it was absolutely stunning. Arthur Ashe feels like a larger Madison Square Garden with a retractable roof. Same kind of magical feeling, just bigger. I'm glad they kept the roof closed for this because the acoustics were off the wall, literally. Best show I've ever been to crowd-wise and it isn't even close (and I was at all of the Hoffman Estates shows last month). I'll be at the Boston show at the end of October but after this I'm not sure how it'll possibly out-do what I've seen already, unless it's Bray Wyatt's debut. ...come to think of it, I think it's the first show after his non-compete is up, AND it's right before Halloween...

It's pretty disappointing they didn't beat out the WWE. They really can't slack off, and need to stay strong. I keep worrying Cody is going to pull a Jeff Jarrett and be a million time AEW champ eventually which is completely an unfounded vibe that I keep getting. He's been more than willingly to put over people. AEW right now seems almost too good to be true. lol

Another thing about the ratings is the WWE has this massive 50+ year old viewership which completely dumbfounds me. I'm 47 and really couldn't give two shits about the WWE. They left a sour taste in my mouth, and I've tried watching them again but just can't. I grew up on mid to late 80's WWF. I also watched NWA(which eventually became WCW) back then too when our cable system finally got TBS. Maybe I'm anomaly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He is a fucking idiot but he's ours. lol

edit: I tried hunting down the video of a very out of character MJF talking with Ethan Page and Ricky Starks. He is the complete opposite of his character. He said something to the effect that if he feels a friend of his is mad at him he legit loses sleep over it. It was so goddamn bizarre to watch. Here's the only clip of it that I can find. At least I know it wasn't a dream.

MJF, Ricky Starks, and Ethan Page are incidentally who I consider the future of AEW. Like if the company isn't built around them in five years I'll eat my hat. At least, on the heel side. Hangman, Sammy, and Wardlow are who I see the company being built around on the face side (all due respect to Jungle Boy and Darby, they scream upper midcard to me)