Sports Entertainment

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Raw was great tonight. Glad they put the title on Sasha.
That was the best RAW in years, and the four way matches were awesome. I bet those guys are sore today after all of that. I actually found it interesting enough to sit and watch all three hours, non DVR'd. I wanted to see Finn Balor, and when they said he'd be in the main event, I knew I was watching.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, I'm perfectly fine that WWE is strapping a rocket pack onto Finn Balor. They've had some great talent in NXT. I enjoy watching NXT more than RAW.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I told a friend that I'd be watching the Hulu edit of Raw and he messaged me last night to tell me to watch the whole thing. It was pretty good. I hope they can keep up this momentum from the Brand Split.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Smackdown had a creative team, outside of replays of RAW and whatever Roaddogg could think up. That was part of the problem.
I meant WWE as a whole. Everything from the Draft, PPV, Raw, and SD this week has been a breath of fresh air. They've legitimately surprised me at least 2-3 times since the draft. I'm expecting them to regress back to bad habits, but I really hope not.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Smackdown Live had lower ratings than the week before. That's a surprise. I haven't seen Smackdown in like five years, that was my first show.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it's a surprise considering the Draft was last week. That was a big event that was going to bring casual viewers in. If next week drops again I'll be confused.
I have tickets for an upcoming Smackdown show and I can't wait. Becky Lynch, Natalya, and American Alpha are some of my favorites right now. Even Cena is awesome to watch now that he's not in the title hunt all the time. Really, Eva Marie is the only person on the SD roster that makes me want to hit my head against a wall.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I don't like Cena. I have come to appreciate him though. Bit of an odd statement, but I have hit a stage of acceptance with him.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't like Cena. I have come to appreciate him though. Bit of an odd statement, but I have hit a stage of acceptance with him.
Yeah, I understand and I think a lot of people are in that same boat. I'll still sing "John Cena Sucks" as loud as I can when his music hits, but now it's more because it's fun to do so rather than because I actively hate him. This could all change again when they start pushing him to break the World Title record before he retires, but I think the combination of how he handled the US Title and seeing someone like Roman Reigns get a push made me appreciate Cena just enough.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The US Open challenge and seeing him play 3rd wheel to Enzo and Cass has changed my opinion of him. Now if we get thrice in a lifetime, I will go back to hating him.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Discuss.

I didn't see WWE giving Dolph Ziggler a shot for the belt at Summerslam. Feels good in the 'we are giving everyone a chance' theme but no way he wins.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, they could have Dolph heel it up and cheat to win. With the New Era (tm) in full effect, anything is possible.

I think Finn has a legitimate shot to win though, unlike Dolph who I have to convince myself might win.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dolph deserves a big run, but Balor should get the win and show that he's the man to the non NXT fans. They pissed away Owens chance already. They better not screw up Balor.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
This should have happened 2 years ago when they had Dolph go over at survivor series in 2014

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, come on. They pissed away Owens' chance? He's been called up for all of two minutes.

Especially now, with the brand split and his feud with Zayn "over", I imagine he'll get pushed just fine.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They had a chance to really make Owens with wins over Cena and keeping the belt. However it went back to Cena, then he was just kinda shuffled around. He was more deserving than fuck up Reigns being forced down our throats.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, no doubt. All I'm saying is give it more than a year. These guys' careers are long cons.