Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Success?

rrr_img_132592.png
You didn't see the move, did you?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
What were they going for, anyway? Were they going to throw him over the top rope, and he freaked out and tried to duck?
Looked like he was supposed to dive through above the middle rope to me and he tried to duck it or slide out or something. That, and it seemed that they were kinda close to that side for a whip to the ropes anyway. But, hey, heat of the moment and hindsight and all that.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Adam Rose was banned under the Wellness Program for ADHD medicine that was prescribed by a Doctor?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know this is a little old, but hopefully Bray comes back soon for more of this.

tumblr_o5i491t0241saykaxo2_400.0.gif

Assist ok!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I assume it's adderall that's against their wellness program. There are plenty of other adhd medications.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Not every med works for every person. If that's what his doctor prescribed, and it's legit, he should sue the everliving shit out of them.

Then again, if he's in the wrong here, he'll never work again. Meh.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I assume it's adderall that's against their wellness program. There are plenty of other adhd medications.
Correct, and he is arguing that he's been on it for over a year so he had no reason to believe that he was in violation of any of their policies.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with both him and (unrelated) Ryback. While I don't agree with Rybacks statements about equal pay for all on their roster, it'll be a PR nightmare if WWE fires him for questioning their pay structure.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Why would it be a PR nightmare? If he doesn't like what he's being paid, he can walk. They don't owe him a thing. It's not like he's working for TNA and he's not being paid on time (or at all).

I don't know about you, but if I were going to a show, and the card had Ryback on it, I'd shrug and not really care. If the card had the likes of the Undertaker, HHH, Rock, Becky and/or Sasha, any of the Legends, etc, I'd be pumped. He simply isn't a draw. If he wants more money, he should bring some creativity to someone's attention. Right now, he's a particularly large speed bump used to tell a story, nothing more. I think Sandow would get a bigger pop than Ryback at this point.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why would it be a PR nightmare for a well known person within their profession, in a publicly traded company to be fired for bringing to light a possible flaw in a pay structure that reflected a possible inequality within it?

Really?

Just because you or I don't agree with the guy over his statements on it doesn't take away from the fact if they outright fire him over questioning it doesn't mean it won't piss a off a lot of people, runs the risk of pissing off stock holders on top of it...not to mention other superstars. You run the risk of dividing your whole locker room. This is how unions form, and there have been rumblings more than once in the past of just that happening...which the WWE wants absolutely zero part of. So yes, they have to thread carefully.

There are a ton more mid/low card wrestlers on their roster than main eventers and they aren't in a position to really say "fuck them" if they get pissed off over it. The better pay for low/mid card performers is not a new issue, Ryback is just one of the few who are active and have talked about it publicly, which is why it's a big deal.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would it be a PR nightmare for a well known person within their profession, in a publicly traded company to be fired for bringing to light a possible flaw in a pay structure that reflected a possible inequality within it?

Really?

Just because you or I don't agree with the guy over his statements on it doesn't take away from the fact if they outright fire him over questioning it doesn't mean it won't piss a off a lot of people, runs the risk of pissing off stock holders on top of it...not to mention other superstars. You run the risk of dividing your whole locker room. This is how unions form, and there have been rumblings more than once in the past of just that happening...which the WWE wants absolutely zero part of. So yes, they have to thread carefully.
Ryback doesn't draw. There are a ton of talented new guys that were just called up from NXT. He has no leverage. Furthermore, at 1.8m subs for the WWE Network, shareholders could give a shit. Ryback left and the stock price went up, not down. If there was concern, like you say, the stock would be dropping significantly.

So...pretty much, no.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I find it idiotic he talks about pay being based off of wins and losses. If you are over and not near retirement, you win more. I'd rather watch paint dry than to watch Ryback wrestle.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd rather watch paint dry than to watch Ryback wrestle.
Yep. This, not to mention that he's fighting with Vince McMahon on this. You know, the guy that suspended Titus for 3 months for basically touching his arm?

I'd like to suggest it's fairly safe to say that Vince doesn't give a single shit what Ryback thinks or wants.