Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh my god, Tony Khan is a fucking idiot.

What a risk.

I'm pretty sure MJF is signed to a new four year contract starting January 2024. They're just keeping it extremely quiet so that there'll actually be some doubt as to whether MJF will retain or not at the World's End PPV. Then he can take some time off in January and have a big return a few weeks later. He'll be at Royal Rumble 2028 and then show up in AEW again a few years later, if it still exists and he hasn't managed to break into the entertainment industry. He wants to do movies, but also he wants to follow Ric Flair's career path (which means going to the E for a time).

Tony Khan was stupid enough to let Jade Cargill go and sign Rhonda Rousey, I can imagine he'll fuck up signing MJF, should have been a done deal long ago.

Jade wanted to go to WWE and was pretty open about it for a long time. Besides that she needs training, and like HHH said she wasn't really getting the reps she needed before.

I don't know, but I don't think Ronda is actually signed to AEW yet. Her ROH stuff was just a "special appearance" type thing. I assume she will sign to AEW though 'cause they give people so much freedom. Surprised Banks hasn't signed.

That’s a work

Maybe, I bet they're going to play footage of Seth's breakdown on RAW. Cameramen made sure to get all of it. Wouldn't be surprised if they run some "work-shoot" storylines about people not liking Punk for real (which is actually true, most of WWE's main eventers continue to not like the man) or getting into scuffles with him backstage. Turn that whole real thing into storyline. You know, like Tony Khan should have done.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
One thing's for sure, Punk is going to "main event night 1 of a buy 1 get 1 free PPV extravaganza" as he put it himself on AEW.

Right now Cody is ironically one of the main eventers who is actually okay with the guy, funny considering his Elite connections. Then again The Elite never really hated Punk or anything and are really easy-going guys, as I've been saying all along. Bucks in particular were humongous Punk fans until they worked with him for a while.

Would be interesting if they displace Cody and run Punk/Reigns on Night 2 instead.

Also wondering if Punk being the lineal* AEW world champion is gonna come into play at all. Like him dropping his mystery bag into the garbage or something like that.

* - Technically he only lost to Ricky Starks after winning said title, then beat Starks a couple weeks later, so yes, Punk is the lineal AEW champ. Then again Thunder Rosa is the lineal Women's champ so maybe I'm the only one that cares about this stuff.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I love the marks pushing the “Seth thinks punk is not a company guy and won’t do business” as if he didn’t throw a shit fit when he had to put over Cody three times and was such a whiny cunt they had to give him a new belt.

Rollins is smart enough to know acting angry will kick off his biggest money program ever. Him vs punk closes out night - of wrestlemania and both finally get their main event.

Imagine thinking the champion of raw would be such a cry baby faggot that he would risk his job having a real life breakdown and was held back by michael Cole

This thread has almost as many retards as the vaccine death thread

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
WWE took CodyC Jade and Punk in exchange for a bunch of losers and edges rotting corpse.

So holy shit, Randy is fucking thiiiiiicccckk

Now the question will be does Cody win the rumble to get another shot at Reigns or does he win the contract from Priest, and then Punk wins the rumble and goes after Rollins

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dave's notes on it all.

From this morning's Wrestling Observer Radio:
  • "The whole thing that started it was that scrum (The All Out 2022 post event press scrum), I felt very strongly watching that, my take on watching that was he did not respect AEW, and I said it that night"
  • Dave says that in AEW, CM Punk felt like he was a bigger star than everyone. And he was the one that was drawing everything. Dave says Punk knows that there will be no tolerance for him screwing up in WWE. And Dave thinks he won't screw up because Punk respects the top WWE guys for "making it in WWE".
  • Dave says there are a lot of EX-WWE guys that feel like AEW's top guy's aren't really stars and wouldn't cut it in WWE. Dave says that there have been more people like that, that have joined AEW and have been a very negative to the company. He says there are a few Ex-WWE guys in AEW right now just waiting to go back to WWE. Dave says Punk wasn't like that when he first went to AEW but became like that and that Punk's comments suggest to Dave that Punk didn't rate a lot of AEW's top guys, especially Hangman Page.
  • Dave says why would WWE hire CM Punk? He says guys that draw always get chances and says that CM Punk in WWE will hurt AEW and AEW know it. He says that Cody Rhodes making the jump from AEW to WWE hurt AEW and helped WWE, a great deal. He thinks Punk will have a similar effect unless things happen.
  • He says that there were signs this month of WWE's ticket sales starting to plateau and even go down slightly in places and having peaked from being on fire for the past 18 months or so and Punk could be a "jump-start" to keep that going. Dave thinks Punk will help business short-term. "Long-term is anyone's guess"
  • Everyone in the match knew Punk was coming out at the end. Seth Rollins reactions are all a work. He says he thinks the reports that Drew stormed to the back after the match and changed quickly and left are not a work. He doesn't know for sure and will know later this week but has been told that it was to do with Punk. He says that Drew still hasn't signed his new contract and his current contract will expire next year, around WrestleMania time.
  • He thinks Raw Monday will do most likely do a giant rating.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Professional actors who play roles on national TV regularly can't control their emotions when someone they don't like gets hired to their company.

Yeah, doubt it. They probably do have backstage beef, but we saw exactly what they wanted us to see. Seth may have not known CM Punk was even back, but he's smart enough about this business to spot a million dollar match with a quickness and he made a good move planting the seed when he saw the opportunity. Look how much people are already talking about it?

It was a genius move by Seth.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dave's notes on it all.

Agreed on all counts.

He says there are a few Ex-WWE guys in AEW right now just waiting to go back to WWE.

Yeah, Malakai Black, Buddy Matthews, and Andrade. Now Brody King is probably waiting to take off as well. So basically all of the Collision hardcores, AKA the people Punk surrounded himself with. I'm sure he rubbed off on them.

It would be nice to get excited about Punk returning to WWE and the "new beginning" and all of that but a lot of us have a real sour taste in our mouths over the damage Punk did to AEW. For a guy who talked about the importance of breaking up the wrestling monopoly, he did more to preserve it (and hurt AEW) than anybody else has at this point.

Yeah, doubt it. They probably do have backstage beef, but we saw exactly what they wanted us to see. Seth may have not known CM Punk was even back, but he's smart enough about this business to spot a million dollar match with a quickness and he made a good move planting the seed when he saw the opportunity.

The broadcast never once actually showed the guys in the ring and how they were reacting, which I thought was interesting. We saw what they wanted us to see...which was nothing from Seth or anyone else. Now if they do show the recordings of Seth on RAW, then that's different. Like I said they had cameramen catching Seth's reactions.

Araxen

Apparently TNA had made a big money deal for Punk as well. WWE's late deal trumps all obviously.

Araxen

Sunny got 17 years in jail for killing someone while DUI. She previously had 7 DUI's as well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'll truly never get the appeal of cm punk lol but somebody must like him to see him getting these deals still, wild

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm hearing QT Marshall headed to WWE to join Cody. People are gonna joke and all that but he was an asset behind the scenes to AEW and did a ton of stuff. I think he'll be the 4th guy to go from AEW to WWE instead of vice-versa. Might not be much hoopla about it if he's just gonna be a backstage guy which I think is most likely

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm hearing QT Marshall headed to WWE to join Cody. People are gonna joke and all that but he was an asset behind the scenes to AEW and did a ton of stuff. I think he'll be the 4th guy to go from AEW to WWE instead of vice-versa. Might not be much hoopla about it if he's just gonna be a backstage guy which I think is most likely
im-going-to-inject-it-with-a-lethal-dose-of-poison-v0-8qu2ndy3n8ka1.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh and...

QT Marshall is betting on himself, the sky is the limit. QT in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale on the Raw before Wrestlemania?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's worth noting that Punk's segment on RAW got 300k less viewers than the opening segment of the show.

Why is this worth noting? Because narrative-pushers have spent the last couple years saying that The Elite "cause 200k viewers to tune out every time they're onscreen" just because they were usually in the main event for a while and the main events of Dynamite generally do fewer viewers than the opening segment. One time it was 200k less so they ran with that.

Shows declining over their runtime is normal at this point. Those same narrative-pushers tend to love Punk, so I'm guessing they won't be running with any "Punk caused 300k viewers to tune out!" bullshit.

I'm not a "team sport" guy but I find incorrect narratives to be one of the most tiresome things in modern society to say the least. People doggedly cling to them too if they're a way to make the team they don't like look worse.

Also waiting for Cornette to apologize to Megha Parekh for siccing a bunch of online cave trolls on her by saying she was probably the one to fire Punk. Nope, she never had anything to do with it and now everybody knows that. He won't, of course. Guy is the Young Turks of wrestling news.

In any case, yeh, same thing happened to Punk that would happen to The Elite when they main evented. And if anything it's more damning here since it was his big return rather than just a routine main event.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users