Sports Entertainment

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if some of this has to do with Black Adam being a flop. There were reports that Dwayne had a hell of an ego throughout the whole thing including wanting the DCU to put him front and center across Cavill even though the character is a Captain Marvel antagonist. The movie doesn't do very well, Rocky is easy to point to as a cause, that entire cinematic universe crashes and burns, time to headline Wrestlemania. The fans are going to go nuclear for him every every time he shows up to TV and for every PPV match he has.

and he's got an equity stake in TKO with a seat on the board of directors. I really didn't think we'd get something comparable to Wrestlemania 9 but here we are and The Rock has the kind of stroke to do it. Cody's checks cash just the same so whatever. What's going to be interesting is whether or not is if he turns himself in to Poochie and everything going forward is about him. He's older now than Hogan was during his nostalgia run in the early 2000s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Explain to me, how is Rock as a Board member with all that, more valuable to a company than just as a say performer

Why woulds they add him to board? Why does that help?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1707038014224.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Explain to me, how is Rock as a Board member with all that, more valuable to a company than just as a say performer

If you were doing a buiness deal and it's 50/50 if it's going to be accepted on your terms, then you said "By the way Tom Cruise is here, he works with us, let's go for lunch", what do you think would happen?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I hope that they are self aware enough to use The Rock taking over the company as an angle.

He can feud with HHH as a heel authority figure, what a role reversal, it would be amazing.

Recent years have shown that celebrities and corporate types are really this stupid, so maybe The Rock really did think he could supplant Cody now that his Hollywood star has faded due to Black Adam.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if some of this has to do with Black Adam being a flop. There were reports that Dwayne had a hell of an ego throughout the whole thing including wanting the DCU to put him front and center across Cavill even though the character is a Captain Marvel antagonist. The movie doesn't do very well, Rocky is easy to point to as a cause, that entire cinematic universe crashes and burns, time to headline Wrestlemania. The fans are going to go nuclear for him every every time he shows up to TV and for every PPV match he has.

and he's got an equity stake in TKO with a seat on the board of directors. I really didn't think we'd get something comparable to Wrestlemania 9 but here we are and The Rock has the kind of stroke to do it. Cody's checks cash just the same so whatever. What's going to be interesting is whether or not is if he turns himself in to Poochie and everything going forward is about him. He's older now than Hogan was during his nostalgia run in the early 2000s.

He's got like 9 movies in various stages of production right now

I'm surprised he even has time for this shit

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If they can make Rock the new Vince that shit would be epic. Cody playing the role of Steve Austin?

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I hope that they are self aware enough to use The Rock taking over the company as an angle.

He can feud with HHH as a heel authority figure, what a role reversal, it would be amazing.

Recent years have shown that celebrities and corporate types are really this stupid, so maybe The Rock really did think he could supplant Cody now that his Hollywood star has faded due to Black Adam.

yeah the fact that after all the shit with Hawaii funds with Oprah, and killing the DCEU, that he shows up and does this shows his brain is gone and he’s disconnected from reality

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

His new political ties with the commies has got to play a role in this. Trumps close ally, Vince, is removed and a new puppet takes the stage immediately. Don't forget he had his long sit down with the WH just before the TKO announcement with the alphabet agencies and commies at the WH just before the TKO announcement. Would be simple to use him as a tool to distract a whole lot of voters during the rest of the election cycle. Bread and Circus is highly effective.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think this is a good career move for him if he commits full time.

His prime action movie window is closing. As he ages out he can be in increasingly embarassing sequels and vehicles to squeeze out a bit more money, like Schwarzenegger. Or he can reinvent himself and be a serious actor like Batista, but I don't think he's capable.

WWE has the potential to be A-list entertainment and it's exactly his forte (obviously), he can continue to be a cultural force and with a stake in the company, make some serious money.

It could be cultural capture by 3 letter agencies, but not sure how you make WWE woke. They already have an extensive and good womens division with diverse wrestlers at the top of the card. UFC is aggressively NOT woke right?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
UFC is aggressively NOT woke right?
The UFC is aggressively fence sitting. Dana was asked about Fallon Fox in an interview and gave very non-committal middle of the road answers on the idea of the UFC ever allowing a dickchopper to compete in a women's division. Afaik they don't punish/silence the few fighters willing to publicly express right-wing viewpoints.

• 1Truth!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don’t know, Just recently someone called out Dana for not stopping Strickland for his aggressively based comments and Dana took a hard “I don’t police what people say they are free to say what they want “ statement. He’s a bit of a tool but he isn’t pandering to woke shit at all.

he does fence sit on thing, but basically only on things that will cost money. He’s running a business first, not fighting a culture war.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Stardoms booker and co founder got fired after their PPV last night. Japanese wrestling in 2024 is a shit show, Jesus

Juvarisx

Florida

"On the newest Observer Radio, Dave revealed a lot of new info that he’s learned about the Rock/Roman situation, namely that it has apparently been the plan for weeks but it was kept a very close secret.

He says Rock being in the WM main event was part of his deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back, it was all one deal. Says the deal was made on January 3rd. Dave does not know why Cody was booked to win the Rumble in spite of that, but he does know most people in the company did not know Rock was facing Roman and most people in the company were still being told as recently as last week that it was Roman vs. Cody.

The deal with Rock was done between Rock, Ari Emmanuel, and Nick Khan. Says “they didn’t tell almost anyone”. He also says he doesn’t know if they have decided to turn it into an angle, but they have already made merch and signed sponsorships related to the match so he’s unsure how open they would be to changing the match, regardless of the crowd reaction."

Source: https://www.f4wonline.com/podcasts/...s-stardom-shake-up-vengeance-day-tons-of-news

These people are all fucking retarded

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

"On the newest Observer Radio, Dave revealed a lot of new info that he’s learned about the Rock/Roman situation, namely that it has apparently been the plan for weeks but it was kept a very close secret.

He says Rock being in the WM main event was part of his deal to join the TKO board and get his trademark back, it was all one deal. Says the deal was made on January 3rd. Dave does not know why Cody was booked to win the Rumble in spite of that, but he does know most people in the company did not know Rock was facing Roman and most people in the company were still being told as recently as last week that it was Roman vs. Cody.

The deal with Rock was done between Rock, Ari Emmanuel, and Nick Khan. Says “they didn’t tell almost anyone”. He also says he doesn’t know if they have decided to turn it into an angle, but they have already made merch and signed sponsorships related to the match so he’s unsure how open they would be to changing the match, regardless of the crowd reaction."

Source: https://www.f4wonline.com/podcasts/...s-stardom-shake-up-vengeance-day-tons-of-news

These people are all fucking retarded
So what? Now Rock is gonna big dick WWE after he failed at DC?

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!