Sports Figures Who Break The Law

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dunno if this should be moved to the sports forum or if it can stay here.
with all the NFL athletes fucking up. i guess the NBA athletes got jealous and wanted to show that they can be scumbags too.
Ex-NBAer Rex Chapman allegedly stole from Apple Stores by faking EasyPay
Remember when Apple introduced its EasyPay self-checkout feature in 2011, and everyone wondered "how can they really tell if a customer is buying something or just shoplifting?" According to the Scottsdale, AZ police, former college and professional basketball player Rex Chapman had the same thought and acted on it. They arrested the 12-year NBA veteran at 1:45 PM local time, after employees recognized him as a former player for the Phoenix Suns and tied him to a string of thefts. Chapman accused of committing seven instances of theft over a few months, snagging gear worth more than $14,000 and selling it at a local pawnshop for cash. All of this was allegedly done by picking up the items, pretending to use the self-checkout feature in the iPhone's Apple Store app and then just walking out. Now Chapman is facing nine counts of Organized Retail Theft and five counts of Trafficking in Stolen Property -- all of which are felonies -- and we're wondering if Tim Cook has another security issue that could use some attention.
what the fuck is going on here? dont these guys make enough money that they can enjoy their successful lives and not be thugs?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Poverty is relative and so is wealth.

You can take the girl out of the trailer but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.

Thuglyfe!

Also, other phrases.

Jovec

?
what the fuck is going on here? dont these guys make enough money that they can enjoy their successful lives and not be thugs?
Watch the 30-for-30 Broke.

rrr_img_76524.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A surprisingly high amount of rich athletes end up broke pretty fast. There are a shit ton of articles on it.

Sports Illustrated estimated in 2009 that 78 percent of NFL players are bankrupt or facing serious financial stress within two years of ending their playing careers and that 60 percent of NBA players are broke within five years of retiring from the game.
Shouldn't be a surprise at all that this happens when you consider who your average athlete is - a guy who's spent his life playing his sport and only ever cracked a book when it had naked women on the cover.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The legal system should handle it, the NFL isn't the police and shouldn't be tasked with extra-judicial punishment. I just don't agree with the NFL suspending people for doing something they haven't been convicted of yet.

If you think Ray Rice got off too easily for spitting on and knocking out his fiancee, that is a problem with the law and the courts, not something for Goodell and the NFL to fix.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
goodell should step down for ever messing in these affairs. he suspended rice half assed, then drops the bomb on one dude for smoking some weed off season. then the ray rice footage ends up on TMZ and he fucks up even more for giving the guy an indefinite suspension. the NBA is no better. dude was a lifetime racist, everyone knew, shit ends up on tv and these fucking league officials all pretend to be shocked and oust sterling, forcing him to make 2 billion dollars. i dunno whats worse, these fucked up athletes or these officials who make these terrible kneejerk decisions.

i hope rice sues the shit out of goodell. guy made 44 mil last year. hopefully rice soaks him for all its worth.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Athletes going broke is no different from people who win the lotto going broke or people who lose their $450,000 a year job and only make $200,000 at their new job going broke.

Retards like to live as if they'll be pulling in large sums of money every year (just enough to cover their expenditures) so as soon as one drop of income is gone, they start losing it all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think that article was stretching a little by drawing a comparison between some chick getting all slap happy while shes drunk to some 300+ pound monster whomping on 4 year olds nuts with a tree branch. but yeah its a double standard, for a reason.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i think that article was stretching a little by drawing a comparison between some chick getting all slap happy while shes drunk to some 300+ pound monster whomping on 4 year olds nuts with a tree branch. but yeah its a double standard, for a reason.
Yea because DV is only a problem if you leave a bruise AMIRITE???

iannis

Musty Nester
Why people give the NFL and NBA money is something that I will probably never understand.

I was never into sports, nor was my father or my grandfathers. One grandfather liked to watch Indy Car Races. That's as close as it got. And to be fair, those are pretty neat little cars.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why people give the NFL and NBA money is something that I will probably never understand.

I was never into sports, nor was my father or my grandfathers. One grandfather liked to watch Indy Car Races. That's as close as it got. And to be fair, those are pretty neat little cars.
Being a fan of sports is one of the oldest human traditions. Almost as old as the one of us beating and killing each other.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Actually sports as we know it now really didn't happen until cities started forming and we moved away from hunter gathrer society. Essentially when people got their first day off.

Still pretty old though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Great. Now get the fuck out of the sports thread.