Spring 2014 Anime Thread

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Important plot stuff after the credits of "Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara."

Kid see's his own flag in the mirror (swirling death flag) and the girl ends up with a conquest complete flag. The latter makes me think of TWGOK but obviously Keima is the better protaganist since he doesn't need flags.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did anyone watch the first season of Mushi-shi? I watched the OVA last night (which I guess is for season 2?) on Crunchyroll and enjoyed it, but it seemed like the beginning of the story, not a continuation. Should I watch season 1 first or just start watching season 2?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes. Mushishi is a great series, and season 2 will make more sense after seeing season 1.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Did anyone watch the first season of Mushi-shi? I watched the OVA last night (which I guess is for season 2?) on Crunchyroll and enjoyed it, but it seemed like the beginning of the story, not a continuation. Should I watch season 1 first or just start watching season 2?
You don'tneedto watch it, but you probably ought to.

Because it's good.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, Mushi-shi is great shit. It's like the opium to the cocaine that most other animes are. (At least the ones I watch, a horrible analogy but it works.)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I can't find season 1 of Mushi-Shi anywhere. It's not on crunchyroll, nyaa or iptorrents

Fadaar

That guy
So far of all the new shows my friend and I have watched:

Brynhildr - Really liked the first episode. Always a fan of the more mature/serious/dark shows. Has potential.
Majin Bone - Got about 5 minutes in and said nope. Reminded me of some of those shit series Cartoon Network used to air in the late 90's/early 2000's.
Black Bullet - Similar to Brynhildr, dark theme but more action based and the characters seem interesting. Hope it stays good.
No Game, No Life - First episode was alright. So many SAO clones now... we shall see.
Nisekoi - Started in January but I just started watching it. Pretty funny, not usually a fan of the high school harem type shows but the humor saves it.
The Irregular at Magic High School - Maybe? First episode was ok, will give it a few episodes more.
Soul Eater Not - I wanted to hate this so so much after seeing the previews. But I didn't! If it's half as good as the original series it'll be great, and the first episode was solid.

So far I think the best ones are going to be Brynhildr and Soul Eater Not. Does anyone know what the timeframe for Soul Eater Not is supposed to be? I assumed it would be set after the first show but Sid is a normal human again as well as Medusa still being a teacher.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Mahouka ep 2 - Hahah, that guy totally got 'bitch please'd'.
Hearing the main guy's thoughts was a bit jarring though, given he seems to legitimately believe he sucks. Oh woe is me, I am a terrible mage, all I can cast is time stop and nuclear explosion. Lol.

velk

Trakanon Raider
My thoughts from first ep or so on ones that I didn't reject, with the note I am biased mostly toward interesting storyline :

Sidonia no Kishi - I liked this the most of the starter episodes by a long way - a lot of stuff going on, very much show not tell. Nice touches of humor that fit well in the show context, fascinating setting.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr - My pick for second place start - darker storyline and setting, the main character exhibits some actual curiosity and thought processes.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Seems interesting, the main guy's self doubt seems a little ludicrous though.

Captain Earth - If that's the most efficient plan they can come up with for launching a giant robot, it's no wonder they need a 15 year old to save them. Still watchable.

No Game No Life - This was pretty fun, have to wonder if God knew what he was getting himself into importing those two ;p

Hitsugi no Chaika - Interesting, definite potential here.

Black Bullet - Mixed feelings here - I thought it was going great up until the spider gets killed, then it immediately degenerated into pants on head retarded slapstick comedy. It was very jarring. Got a bit better toward the end of the episode.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin - Potential, but didn't really grab me.

Akuma no Riddle - Lesbian assassins sounded more interesting than this one has turned out so far. Will give it a few more episodes.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - So-so, I will watch a few in the hope in turns into a spectacular train wreck like Madoka. ( There's some hope of that from the opening dream I guess - the impaled decaying monster bears a suspicious resemblance to Tama )

Seikoku no Dragonar - Seemed pretty mediocre overall - might pick up again if I hear good things.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Captain Earth - If that's the most efficient plan they can come up with for launching a giant robot, it's no wonder they need a 15 year old to save them. Still watchable.
Reminder: Enokido's (series writer/supervisor) writing credits include FLCL, Gunbuster 2: Diebuster, Star Driver ,RahXephon, Redline, and Revolutionary Girl Utena. Style over substance is pretty much histhing.