Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did Nisekoi improve from season 1? and thanks for heads up on Kuroko, i nearly forgot about it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Figures, bring on GodEater!

chappelle-wayne-brady-o.gif

Bit random, but if you never played the game you likely never saw these scenes.

God i hate English in anime i watch.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
The first half of episode 8 of Nisekoi was a magical girl parody show, that one was pretty funny. But yea, rest of the season didn't really go anywhere.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What's up with the last 2-3 episodes of Seraph of the End? Is it me or has the animation quality gone way down and has the story gotten really, really abrupt suddenly?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Need more Dungeon! Just returned to anime and hadn't seen SAO Log Horizon, so tried them. SAO was alright, gave up near the beginning of season 2. Log Horizon was...terrible. Any other decent anime along those lines I could catch up on?

Watching Spice and Wolf atm - nowthat'sa show, rapid-fire infodumps notwithstanding.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, you really should skip S2 of Log Horizon and S2 Ep1-14 of SAO II. Accel World is another work by the SAO author although the main character is not traditional. Beyond that most of the fantasy world becoming reality works never make the leap from light novel to anime.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
"No Game No Life" was very good. It's another real life game series, similar to SAO or Log Horizon.
"DanMachi" is also very good. It's a harem style anime (every girl in existence loves the main character), but the story is great also.
"Gundam Build Fighters" was awesome. There's 2 separate seasons (the second one has Try and the end). If you like Gundam, you'll love these.
"Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" was also epic. It's a magic powers high school setup, but it also involves the military and such.
"Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso" was entertaining. It's a high school boy meets girl type of show that focuses on playing the Piano. And god damn does the music really further the story well.
"Shokugeki no Souma" is the current favorite of a lot of people. It's the story of a bunch of a kid that's a chef and attends a culinary school. There's lots of suggestion in there, but only in regards to eating food. Still a fun show.
"Aldnoah.Zero" is another gundam style show. Had one of the best 1st seasons ever, but the 2nd wasn't as strong. Overall, still a very good show, though.
"Haikuu!" is a story of a high school volley ball team, and it's very entertaining. Season 2 comes out in the fall.

Ok, that sums up some of the better recent series. Enjoy.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Items 1, 4, 5 and 8 have my attention. Really don't care for mechs, so have to scratchGundam and Aldnoah. Seen Danmachi and Shokugeki - enjoyed both! Thanks for the suggestions - four new anime up for consideration!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Items 1, 4, 5 and 8 have my attention. Really don't care for mechs, so have to scratchGundam and Aldnoah. Seen Danmachi and Shokugeki - enjoyed both! Thanks for the suggestions - four new anime up for consideration!
For almost 20 years my wife has hated Gundam, just no interest in it, (we both have consumed a lot of the popular animes) last year, w/ nothing to see, she asked what can we watch, I said Gundam Build Fighters (cuz it was like a previous anime she liked, Angelic Layer), she said sure why not, she loved that shit. 2nd season, yea later this month we'll watch it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Tower of Druaga is another good series, caught that one recently. It has two seasons and has the same concepts of tower/dungeon/floor idea. Very likeable characters. Coopa is awesome.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Everyone was raving about the 2nd season of Tower of Druaga. Honestly, the first season was much better in my opinion. The 2nd season was in druggy land. Granted, it's the imagination tower, but I still wasn't a fan.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah it bounces around a bit. The first season was better, but the second one is still more watchable than most of SAO and Log Horizon.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Last week was the last episode of the season I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another one in the future though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I guess there wasn't an Arslan Senki this week?

I look forward to that show every week. Especially now that DanMachi is done.