Spring 2023 Anime Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As opposed to a normal cock scar?

Well, it's not a scar on some characters cock. It's a cock shaped scar on one of the characters faces.

And now that I've piqued your interest I'll look forward to your review.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Vinland Saga starts out pretty slow but is actually getting good again by like episode 8-9.

Is there some actual reason why everyone named Thor-something is like a god amongst men or did they just kinda do that by accident.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Let's try to maintain at least a thin veneer of civility you degenerate piece of subhuman trash.
Are we going back in time before the FOH forums were created? I'm pretty sure no one ever installed a veneer of civility at any point in the past 23 years.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've only watched 1 show so far, and it was enjoyable.
Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu (The Dangers of My Heart) - It's a high school slice of life show where weird kid constantly thinks of killing people, and the cute girl in class finds him funny. He makes her laugh, at least. I dunno if I'll stick with it, but I liked the first episode.

I also watched Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru (Loving Yamada at Lv999). It was okay, but I don't think I'll stick with it. The concept was easy enough to follow. Some girl and guy who play online games together are dating IRL. He meets another chick online, so starts dating her instead. So she goes to a much smaller EQ FanFaire style thing (I've never been to Blizzcon, but I suspect they are similar), and meets this other guy who is a pro gamer. She bribes him to act as her boyfriend for the sake of making her old boyfriend jealous and... fuck this show. Why am I even watching it?

Next up was Mappa's new show, Jigokuraku (Hell's Paradise) - Some guy hates his life and doesn't care if he dies, yet is incredibly strong and can't die for reasons. This chick that's investigating him is actually an executioner, and she gives him the way to be completely free of all his crimes if he's able to secure the Elixir of Life. It seems interesting enough, so I'll stick with it.

Mix – Meisei Story - 2 brothers trying to rebuild their school baseball team. It's a season 2, and I didn't watch season 1, so pass right away.

Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku (Aristocrat from Another World) - seems childish. Starts off with a knife wound death followed by a zany scene of "WHAT IS THIS?!?!??!" Animation style looks very kid oriented. I'm gonna pass without trying it.

Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru (My Clueless First Friend) - First off, animation is garbage. Like it was done in an etch-a-sketch. I hated watching the opening minute, so I'm going to skip all together.

My Home Hero was next - The intro seconds didn't do anything for me, but I kinda liked the song that played with the opening credits. Aside from that, the show appears pretty dull. The story seems to be about a guy that either writes or draws web novels. Suddenly, it changes. The daughter has bruises all over her face. She says she fell. The dad follows her somewhere, and dude in a group says he just got done hitting her like 5-6 times. The dad watches them, and is pulled into a room by some other dude and beaten up and they make copies of his ID. So later, the dad goes back when no one's around and goes into her apartment. The boyfriend shows up and is shouting on the phone how he's going to rob her for everything she's worth. So the dad beats him to death with a rice cooker. I'm not into this type of show, so I'm going to stop now. But some of you may like it.

Alice Gear Aegis Expansion - Appears to be some game or something that people play in space I guess. I'm already bored, so pass.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear S2 - She's back with her bear pajamas. I mostly forget what happened in season 1, but I didn't hate it, so I'll already give this the go ahead. If I'm not mistaken, this is a game and the bear outfits were extremely powerful rewards from a GM event. So she wears them to be pretty much invincible, even though it's a bear costume.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First episode of the Megumin prequel was good enough that I'll keep watching for now, it's kinda cute seeing how she originally became obsessed with explosion magic. Maybe her weirdo class mates will at least partially make up for the absence of the main cast.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Season seems a little light. I'll probably keep watching Iseleve and Hell's Paradise, but nothing else seemed particularly interesting.

My Home Hero sounded like a good premise but the first episode was stupid.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So far nothing has grabbed me as must watch.
Yea, pretty much in the same boat some shows look like they have potential, but nothings grabbed me yet. It's just the first episode. Sometimes it takes a few episodes for a show to pull together. I mean, ranking of kings looked pretty dull ep 1, but gdamn was that show something else.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Okay, Isekai Neesan is some typical creepy Japanese stuff. Not sure what to think.

Mash Burnedead and the body of the gods is the first show where I'm digging things. It made me laugh, everything is nonsense. I want more.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked the first ep of The legendary hero is dead, seems like a comedy mainly.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched the first episode of Iseleve (Cheat skill in another world and now amazing in this world too) and god damn do I love it. This is an unbeatable isekai masterpiece.

And just now watched Skip to Loafer. It's a slice of life about some girl who moves to Tokyo for High School. I don't like the animation at all, but the story and characters were nice. I may stick with it for another few weeks to see if it grabs me.

Next up is KonoSuba explosion. Been a long time since I watched the original KonoSuba. I don't really remember any of it. Shit, I just remembered there's a character that loves explosions, so I guess this is an anime about her. I've watched a little of the episode so far, and it's keeping my attention. I'll stick with it for now.

Last edited:

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Next up is KonoSuba explosion. Been a long time since I watched the original KonoSuba. I don't really remember any of it. Shit, I just remembered there's a character that loves explosions

Between this and Kaguya there's no words for how much I hate you.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't have a shrine set up for anime. But I save the ones I really like, so I can randomly re-watch them. Though realistically, I only do that before a new season comes out. I remember liking the care free style of original KonaSuba, but I never cared about it enough to warrant a rewatch. Where as you fags must have shrines set up or some shit. You bring weeb up to a new level. Probably broke out your waifu-pillow to watch this with you.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't have a shrine set up for anime. But I save the ones I really like, so I can randomly re-watch them. Though realistically, I only do that before a new season comes out. I remember liking the care free style of original KonaSuba, but I never cared about it enough to warrant a rewatch. Where as you fags must have shrines set up or some shit. You bring weeb up to a new level. Probably broke out your waifu-pillow to watch this with you.
explosion konosuba GIF by Ziyang Yip