Spring 2024 Anime Thread

Szlia

Do I need to watch the Demon Slayer movie before this latest season?
On the other way around, I had the misfortune of seeing the second of these movies (To the swordsmith village) without seeing the show and that must take the cake of the most obscene cash grab in the universe. These movies are the last two episode of a season and the first of the next put back to back. With intro and end credits and all. Maybe there is a bit of extra footage or refined animation but I am not even sure. So for a non-show watcher, it's the end of a story without a beginning and the beginning of a new story without an end, and for a show watcher you pay a movie ticket to see 2 episodes you already saw on the big screen and to see early the first episode of the next season. So unless there is something I fundamentally misunderstood, there is absolutely zero point to see those after the fact?

NB: The first movie, Mugen Train, is set after the first season, but then the second season retells the events of the movie. Then the 2nd and 3rd movies are these compilation of episodes that bridge seasons. Weird shit.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched Garouden today, it was alright. It needed a couple more episodes to flesh out some of the characters. Baki and Kengan Asura are both better, but this scratched the same kinda itch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just got back from the theater to see the Gundam Seed Movie.

It was fantastic. Too bad they only had it for 2 days with zero advertising practically.

Will definitely be buying the bluray when it comes out.

rising-freedom-gundam-gundam-seed-freedom.gif
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Freedom will be available on Netflix and Prime Video in Japan on June 8, 2024. Not sure if also coming to America that day, but that's where a VPN comes in handy.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really liked yesterday's episode of Wind Breaker. Yeah, it's not a bicycling anime based off of the Wind Breaker bicycling manga that I thought it was going to be, but I'm enjoying it. Yesterday was good shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On the other way around, I had the misfortune of seeing the second of these movies (To the swordsmith village) without seeing the show and that must take the cake of the most obscene cash grab in the universe. These movies are the last two episode of a season and the first of the next put back to back. With intro and end credits and all. Maybe there is a bit of extra footage or refined animation but I am not even sure. So for a non-show watcher, it's the end of a story without a beginning and the beginning of a new story without an end, and for a show watcher you pay a movie ticket to see 2 episodes you already saw on the big screen and to see early the first episode of the next season. So unless there is something I fundamentally misunderstood, there is absolutely zero point to see those after the fact?

NB: The first movie, Mugen Train, is set after the first season, but then the second season retells the events of the movie. Then the 2nd and 3rd movies are these compilation of episodes that bridge seasons. Weird shit.
This is why I asked. Anime does this weird shit where the movies they release are really just promos for the next season. Didn't know if that was the case here and I'm weary of researching this shit as I've spoiled myself many times

Khane

Got something right about marriage
MHA is all over the place, first it was weird recap backstories, then the awesome star stripe eps, now the power of friendship and I can't even really tell where in the story this all fits together.

Meh.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As the season goes on im liking Aristocrat more and more. Its like the perfect mix of everything enjoyable even without all the combat. Mushoku never disappoints and likely has the best pacing of any Isekai ever. Duke of Death is always enjoyable no matter what happens. This season is very steady with a lot of good shit to watch, i just wish it was more evenly spread over the week.

Looks like Kaiju may finally have a banger episode with with the vice cap - However i could also seem him suddenly groveling and showing his face to avoid being pursued.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even when it's dragging on MHA is great. I guessed as soon as they showed the door to the support course that it was going to explode and Deku would end up with Hatsume's boobs in his face, that exact thing happened, and it still cracked me up even though it was so predictable.

Muzan is apparently appointing replacement upper moons which is a little weird seeing as how he "disbanded" the lower moons for being too weak/lacking in ambition, so where did he find demons that weren't fit to be lower moons back then but are now fit to be uppers? Even if they're just wish.com upper moons it seems a little weird. Pretty sure I can guess the identity of at least one of them thanks to a spoiler from a couple years back but the rest are a complete mystery to me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Today's Mushoku Tensei was another good one. I just love this show. I got my hands on all of the light novels for my Kindle (not the original web novels that I read before), and I'm reading the story a second time. I finished up the first book the other day and that took you through Rudy from 0-5. His birth, learning that magic is real in this world and learning how to use it (and figuring out how to cast silently). Getty Roxy as a magic tutor, which inevitably creates his first worship item (her panties). But then he also meets Sylphie and teaches her to do magic and some basic silent casting. But he gets too attached to Sylphie, so Paul beats his ass and sends him off to the uncle's house so that he can continue his growth and Sylphie won't depend on having Rudy around to be a person any longer. You meet the Sword King animal chick that's actually Eris' tutor. Rudy is going to that house to teach the "spoiled girl" how to use magic and stop being a ruthless fighter. And that's where the book ended.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
As the season goes on im liking Aristocrat more and more. Its like the perfect mix of everything enjoyable even without all the combat. Mushoku never disappoints and likely has the best pacing of any Isekai ever. Duke of Death is always enjoyable no matter what happens. This season is very steady with a lot of good shit to watch, i just wish it was more evenly spread over the week.

Looks like Kaiju may finally have a banger episode with with the vice cap - However i could also seem him suddenly groveling and showing his face to avoid being pursued.
Kaiju is going to be a wild ride from here on.

Strap your seat belt.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Woooo coming later this year for Fall / Winter.
BELL-SAMA! - Danmachi - Season 5

Re:Zero - Season 3

Wow fast turnaround with this.. very surprised:

Oshi no Ko - Season 2 in July.

Come on Madhouse..where's my Frieren S2. I know you can do it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Watched Garouden today, it was alright. It needed a couple more episodes to flesh out some of the characters. Baki and Kengan Asura are both better, but this scratched the same kinda itch.

So, this show sucks and does not at all "scratch that itch". However, apparently both Baki and Kengan were popular enough that Netflix is releasing a crossover series "Baki Hanma vs Kengan Ashura" that airs on June 6th.

Also kinda weird since Kengan Ashura is not done yet

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, this show sucks and does not at all "scratch that itch". However, apparently both Baki and Kengan were popular enough that Netflix is releasing a crossover series "Baki Hanma vs Kengan Ashura" that airs on June 6th.

Also kinda weird since Kengan Ashura is not done yet

Sorry I oversold it, I guess? Kengan Ashura’s coming back in August, and hopefully they announce the next Baki arc after the crossover.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Woooo coming later this year for Fall / Winter.
BELL-SAMA! - Danmachi - Season 5

This is what took place in not the last book, but the one before it. The latest book deals a lot with the aftermath. And the author is in the middle of writing the next book now.
Good story, but the author tried to make it more like a rom-com, so it's a bit different than previous stories.

Just keep in mind that throughout it all, Bell is only 13-14 years old.

Khane

Sorry I oversold it, I guess? Kengan Ashura’s coming back in August, and hopefully they announce the next Baki arc after the crossover.

You didn't really oversell it. I think Baki is done isn't it?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You didn't really oversell it. I think Baki is done isn't it?

“Baki Hanma” is done, but there are two more arcs they could adapt into series. The next one would be really cool, the one after that not so much. A Retsu Isekai adaptation would be wild.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Kaiju is like a better version of Bleach

This is a bad comparison because Bleach is shit tier AAA anime. Its like how you ruin and destroy the potential in any good anime. After Aizen EVERYTHING was shit, like everything! I mean Ichigo use 2-3 moves till the end of the show? Never learned to fight, do shit but swing his sword around wildly and be extremely cocky while sucking the most in the show. I dont grasp why people are so enamored in that turd.

Tanjiro learned more in half of season 1 than Ichigo did in the entire series of Bleach - The only cool transformation was used for a fuckin movie promo and written off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is a bad comparison because Bleach is shit tier AAA anime. Its like how you ruin and destroy the potential in any good anime. After Aizen EVERYTHING was shit, like everything! I mean Ichigo use 2-3 moves till the end of the show? Never learned to fight, do shit but swing his sword around wildly and be extremely cocky while sucking the most in the show. I dont grasp why people are so enamored in that turd.

Tanjiro learned more in half of season 1 than Ichigo did in the entire series of Bleach - The only cool transformation was used for a fuckin movie promo and written off.
There were episodes after Aizen?