Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Uh, any ships or packages you bought from the store can be converted back to store credit if you don't want it anymore. It's usually 100% of the base price. I got the starter account during a promotion.

Also packages that are gifted to you can be melted for their original price as well.
Uh, thank you!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Uh, any ships or packages you bought from the store can be converted back to store credit if you don't want it anymore. It's usually 100% of the base price. I got the starter account during a promotion.

Also packages that are gifted to you can be melted for their original price as well.
Oh you get the same amount you paid for? That's good, I thought it was some fraction of what you paid for.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Think I might have to melt this $125 freelancer package my wife got me. I want to pew pew but have no idea what the best fighter is.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Super Hornet is really the only military class fighter out right now. Goes on and off sale periodically. Not for sale right now. I think its 160 when it is. Can buy a Gladius to dick around with now in AC, then melt it later.

You can turn a 350R into a pretty solid fighter too, but it's also not for sale at the moment.

I'm pretty happy with the Mustang Delta + SQ42 package I got on reddit for 45 dollars. Even with the bugs crippling it right now, it's got a lot of firepower.

Blackwulf

N00b
Think I might have to melt this $125 freelancer package my wife got me. I want to pew pew but have no idea what the best fighter is.
I had a Gladius for a while and melted it to upgrade to a Super Hornet when the came on sale. The SH has a shit load of firepower, and it's tough, but I actually did better against multiple enemies with the Gladius - it just maneuvers so much better.

Raign

Golden Squire
Avenger is definitely my favorite if that is an option. Advanced Hunter package. Fast, Agile, and loaded out with 3 mass cannons it just ruins crap. I like it considerably more than any other ship available to fly right now, including the hornet.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just be aware that there are a lot of issues with Arena Commander, since it's alpha and whatever is the best now, might not be the best later on.

Also regardless of what you get, you can earn REC and rent something else. So if you get a Gladius now...play some games and rent the Super Hornet.

Also, I don't think the Freelancer package has access to Arena Commander. You might have to buy that too.

Variise

N00b
Just get this for $45:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...pha-AC-Starter

It includes Arena Commander and SQ42. That's all you really need. Since it's a base starter package you can actually switch between this and an Aurora for free whenever the hell you want using these:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...ora-MR-Upgrade

and

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...-Alpha-Upgrade

EDIT: Keep in mind CCU (Cross Chassis Upgrade) is changing entirely from the way it works now because it's a clusterfuck to try and figure out what/how to upgrade. Expect this system to change sometime soon (tm).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just be aware that there are a lot of issues with Arena Commander, since it's alpha and whatever is the best now, might not be the best later on.

Also regardless of what you get, you can earn REC and rent something else. So if you get a Gladius now...play some games and rent the Super Hornet.

Also, I don't think the Freelancer package has access to Arena Commander. You might have to buy that too.
I've had it for awhile. Think it was after the 24 million funded point, so no lifetime insurance. I really have no desire to play the game right now. I just decided to take a look at the ship and don't really have any intention of playing a fucking cargo ship. The melt thing seems cool since I can basically exchange it for a different package for my play style. What I really want is a fighter that has jump engines. I would also rather earn the more expensive and better ships then just buy into them.

Variise

N00b
I've had it for awhile. Think it was after the 24 million funded point, so no lifetime insurance. I really have no desire to play the game right now. I just decided to take a look at the ship and don't really have any intention of playing a fucking cargo ship. The melt thing seems cool since I can basically exchange it for a different package for my play style. What I really want is a fighter that has jump engines. I would also rather earn the more expensive and better ships then just buy into them.
While not every single ship may come with a Jump Engine they will all be able to equip one. The only exception is the parasite fighters like the P52 Merlin.

So I wouldn't get too hung up over something like that. People massively underestimate the size of star systems in this game. A lot of people think you will be able to fly through a star system and visit every area in a few minutes and leave for the next one. Try a few hours not a few minutes. There should be a lot of stuff to see in various areas and the distances are insane. This also gives you lots of missions to run locally to earn credits to buy a jump drive and GTFO to the next star system.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mustang Delta has a jump engine built in. Whenever that becomes actually useful. Figure at the very least, having one at launch will let you fan out further than the starting systems.

spronk

FPS noob
None of the starter packages have FPS access. That's gonna be another 5 dollars when it comes out. It does have SQ42.

Realistically you're better off buying it from the store anyway. The cheapest I could really sell it for is 38 dollars, and I can liquidate it for 38.25 in store credit. It's probably not worth the paypal hassle when you can just buy it for 45.

All the AMD packages come with Arena Commander, but the later ones didn't come with SQ42.
sweet just checked my account and i have

* Mustang Omega: AMD Edition
* Starting Money: 1,000 UEC
* Squadron 42 Digital Download
* Star Citizen Digital Download
* Beta Access

so I assume I will be good to go at launch to play the carebear MMO version of the game. I paid $1 for the AMD key last year so I expect a lot for my $1 from Roberts Industries. I will have to think long and hard about dishing out another $5 for the FPS module though, that could buy like a slice of pizza around here. Good pizza too, none of that little caesars shit.

it is pretty crazy though how people are trading ships and stuff like commodities, i wonder if there are guys who spend all day just trading ships for this game for real life monies

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Aw fuck, I wish I had bought an Omega for 1 dollar. :/ I really want an Omega just because it's cool looking and hopefully I could put the skin on my Delta eventually lol.

And yeah there's 3-4 people who are buying and selling large amounts of ships on reddit for profit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you have one of the good Omega packages that has SQ42 in it.

I just need an Omega that doesn't have SQ42 since I already have that in my package.

Variise

N00b
No you don't. =p

All skins will end up in the final game one way or another. It's only exclusive until the game launches.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
lol their forums are so buttmad that it's even possible to play this game with a mouse.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I understand what they want. They don't even want balanced control schemes, or even for joystick to be slightly better at the high end even if mouse is easier at the low end. They basically just want mouse to be useless for all but the most basic flight.