Itzena_sl

shitlord
Found out where the money's going!

k1792C7.png

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Found out where the money's going!

k1792C7.png
They are making more movies at RSI for Sandi? Oh well, at least the mo-cap studio, audio studio and god knows whatever else they built for the "game" will be used for something
smile.png

I just want my co-op space game
frown.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least he's wealthy enough to shrug it off. You hope that the whales are all rich dudes trying to minimize time spent playing games, but then you meet just-above-poverty level guys spending their fixed income on ingame assets because they have no self-control.
Back in the day a guy in my guild a guy had to quit an ongoing raid to get rushed to the hospital because his teeth hurt so bad he passed out. His brother told us he got healthcare money 3 months ago to fix his teeth and he spent almost all of it in RMT. He allegedly said to his brother "my teeth won't go anywhere, I need gold now".

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
At least he's wealthy enough to shrug it off. You hope that the whales are all rich dudes trying to minimize time spent playing games, but then you meet just-above-poverty level guys spending their fixed income on ingame assets because they have no self-control.
I'm sure a lot of people are spending more than they can really afford though. Not necessary going into debt over it, but more than is sensible vs their revenue.

Blackwulf

N00b
Alpha 2.0 going to PTU today for limited testers (1000) with incremental increases as they patch issues and verify network stability. This is the big deal - an actual slice of the persistent universe. It includes the earlier discussed zone that is 2Mx2Mx400K kilometer play space around the Crusader gas giant. There are space stations to explore and battle in. There are something like 20 missions available, random encounters, refueling stations, etc. Multi-crew ship capabilities and FPS. Good time to be a fan
smile.png

Edit:
Feature list from Reddit
  • Crusader location: 3 Moons, 3 stations, Asteroid belts
  • 8 dog fight missions
  • 8 research missions
  • 1 exploration mission
  • 20+ random encounters
  • 1 on-going asteroid belt battle
  • 1 wreckage to scavange asteroid belt
  • 1 PVP Station (but PVP possible anywhere to my understanding)
  • Limited to 12-16 ships to start with per instance (More players though)
  • Security Post is PVP/FPS (start with pistol) pick up weapons and fight there
  • Flyable Retaliators, Constellations, Avenger Variants, (hanger ready Vanguard) + all the currently flyable single seaters
  • Freelancer coming soonT
  • New flight dynamics and modes
  • EVA is back (ctrl+f)
  • Weapons can be recharged
  • Ship repair
  • Mobi-glass implementation

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
As a proud backer of this, minimal payment but whateveah, I have to say I am suprised by two things;

1) That they actually pushed this out yesterday, it was a nice suprise. I was sorta starting to buy into the whole "its a fucking scam" bit.

2) After 3-5 years (depending on which extremist camp you listen to) and $94 million, is this really all they have to show us? Most systems in 2.0 seem to be very very rough placeholders (the FPS and the repair system especially) for systems that should, at least in theory, been nailed down and humming along in the background by now. This is my first impression however, I might be wrong /shrug.

Its starting to feel a bit like Destiny and the whole "threw out most of the planned story/gameplay a year before release and cobbled together the parts we had done into something that sorta worked".

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Have you found a streamer that does not spend at least 5 out of every 10 min reloading the game due to crashing over and over and over again? I have been unable to
frown.png
Sorry, didn't see this in time before I turned in for the night.

I was watching this guy onTwitch.

He doesn't have any broadcasts or highlights available sadly. But while I was watching he shot up some ships, then parked by a sensor satellite installation, suited up for EVA, popped out and used suit thrusters to drift the panels to complete a repair quest or something. Watching the space pew pew was cool, but I had the "That's some awesome shit" feels when he turned around to look at the ship he just left since it reminded me of space movies.

I didn't notice any terrible FPS or crappy performance, it just looked great.

WatchingTwitchatm.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can put me in the column that is pleasantly surprised by this. I am still not putting money into it but at this point it is very real and a lot of potential.

I still think they are mishandling money but that happens in every business and their concern not mine.