Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is it sad the best Space sim of the generation is going to be Elite: Dangerous? When there are tens of thousands of space sims out there now.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
At least there are space sims, for the longest time it was an extinct species. It also goes to show how completely off base the game publishers are.

Sho'nuff

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't even fathom the level of stupidity to have 5 or more offices around the globe each working on different parts of the game and thinking that that would work. You then get exactly what's happening: finger pointing as each office blames the other office for something not working or not being done on time. You then take certain guys from one office and shuffle them off to another office to get that office up to par, only to have the office those guys just left from fall behind. No one knows which office is the main office, or whom exactly is in charge. It's like a Chinese fire drill.

Multiple offices seems the rule rather than the exception for larger game development companies. As an example The Riot Manifesto, Our Studios | BioWare

Last edited:

Blackwulf

N00b
Seems you have to go where the talent is. They tried to do more from fewer studios, and couldn't hire anyone. The big game companies were poaching any talent they picked up in Austin, for example. The UK and, with the trouble Crytek was having financially, Frankfurt were goldmines for this game.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's my understanding that most of those have their own projects they work on independently of their sister studios rather than trying to do something like what Star Citizen is doing. Now that's not to say you can't pull off big projects among several offices but your communication has to be spectacular to make up for it or you start getting shit like the boss fights in Deus Ex: HR.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Are these faggots serious explaining how forums work right now??

And people are in the crowd cheering?

This is insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Are these faggots serious explaining how forums work right now??

And people are in the crowd cheering?

This is insane.

I've never done to one but this is pretty much what I imagine one of those timeshare pitches to be like.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They showed some actual gameplay and it's kinda neat, but earlier I was losing my goddamn mind they were LITERALLY showing off a forum and explaining how it works lmao.

I am still hype for this but it feels just so far out.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I haven't even kept up on this but is it even viable to play this game if you're not spending thousands of real life money on ships?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I didn't watch anything except the Tatooine clip. Can Disney please just buy this up and repurpose the useful parts into an actual game with a Star Wars setting?

Blackwulf

N00b
Compared to last year, I was underwhelmed. They wanted to have a vertical slice of Squadron 42, but I guess it didn't make the cut. I feel like the "Spectrum" shit was thrown in as filler.

Anyway the planets look cool, and it boggles my mind when they do the super long distance pull-outs.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Compared to last year, I was underwhelmed. They wanted to have a vertical slice of Squadron 42, but I guess it didn't make the cut. I feel like the "Spectrum" shit was thrown in as filler.

Anyway the planets look cool, and it boggles my mind when they do the super long distance pull-outs.

That's what she said.