Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Raign

Golden Squire
Every time I watch their clips I think 'That is cool as hell', and then I think about the how poorly this shit is going to perform under heavy netcode stress of an MMO environment. Honestly, after all the stuff they have presented, I think they will have a fantastic single person game on their hands, or even something akin to Elite where you have a 'bubble' of people, but there is no way we end up with Eve type 50+ ship/ person engagements -- which would be fine if they weren't rolling out a bunch of 10 + person battle cruisers. Game balance is going boil down to: spends the most cash in game > spends a ton of cash on hardware to play the game > everyone else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denaut

Trump's Staff
mshckd.gif

• 1Solidarity
That indefinitely thing makes it sound like it will never happen, but the article doesn't sound like that at all. What I read is that he wanted to show the first mission from the game in their recent Star Convention thingy, but it wasn't ready so they didn't show it and the game's release date has been pushed back from this year (not much left of this year now), to next year. Sky is not falling.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
That indefinitely thing makes it sound like it will never happen, but the article doesn't sound like that at all. What I read is that he wanted to show the first mission from the game in their recent Star Convention thingy, but it wasn't ready so they didn't show it and the game's release date has been pushed back from this year (not much left of this year now), to next year. Sky is not falling.

Did you actually read that article? The game isn't even remotely close to being ready. Sounds like they aren't even close to an alpha yet, let alone a completed game. 2017 would be a stretch. At this point, with the money they've already spent, and how much further they still have to go, this is starting to look like 38 Studios all over again, proving once more how easy it is to spend other people's money.

• 1Like
Did you actually read that article?
Yes, did you? The article is badly written and complete bs. It says game delayed indefinitely which makes it sound like they have shelved it, and some other shitty clickbait articles said the game has been "cancelled indefinitely". RIP journalism. If you read the actual quotes the guy said, it sounds nothing like that. All he actually said was, "The basics are complete, but a great deal more had to be done." And talking about why they didn't show it at the convention, "The campaign’s 28 missions are simply not done yet." And "2017 is now the target." Clickbait gonna bait.

Also that article starts talking about Star Citizen right in the middle, yet none of his comments were about that. And the latest videos of Star Citizen look amazing. People need to stop whining about this game and pretending it wont release, it is ridiculous and stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yes, did you? The article is badly written and complete bs. It says game delayed indefinitely which makes it sound like they have shelved it, and some other shitty clickbait articles said the game has been "cancelled indefinitely". RIP journalism. If you read the actual quotes the guy said, it sounds nothing like that. All he actually said was, "The basics are complete, but a great deal more had to be done." And talking about why they didn't show it at the convention, "The campaign’s 28 missions are simply not done yet." And "2017 is now the target." Clickbait gonna bait.

Also that article starts talking about Star Citizen right in the middle, yet none of his comments were about that. And the latest videos of Star Citizen look amazing. People need to stop whining about this game and pretending it wont release, it is ridiculous and stupid.

It's been 4 years, fuck nuts! 4 years, over 100 million dollars, and they still haven't released a game! They don't even have a playable demo of the game! God damn are you dumb!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I know they're a lot of passionate people out there. I don't actually follow this very much and this is a slight shitpost, but I'm having a feeling this is going to go down as the biggest vaporware bullshit ripoff that's ever happened in gaming. It's going to end with the mediocre tech all being sold off, and class action lawsuits out the ass.

I'm probably wrong?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I know they're a lot of passionate people out there. I don't actually follow this very much and this is a slight shitpost, but I'm having a feeling this is going to go down as the biggest vaporware bullshit ripoff that's ever happened in gaming. It's going to end with the mediocre tech all being sold off, and class action lawsuits out the ass.

I'm probably wrong?

Doubt it. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh goodie. I can't wait to run around another lifeless, interchangeable, procedurally generated planet, devoid of all soul or character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users