Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So after watching the live stream and being totally impressed by the fact they could sell a ship that costed $2700 I decided to install it again and see how it's doing. Actually enjoyed some of the stuff but holy fuck I just don't see this being ready for at least another two years at least. I can tell right now I am not going to like the persistent world at all. It's a massive fucking time sink to just get to your god damn ship. I want to play a game and blow shit up, not deal with realistic fucking airlocks and not being able to jump over a fucking rail.

I wish them well and might enjoy the single player portion but I have no desire to spend half my gaming time going through elevators and airlocks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reading that internal schedule report is crazy... basically nothing is even remotely finished. I guess even end of 2018 is really optimistic for a beta version of the "mmo-like" full game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So after watching the live stream and being totally impressed by the fact they could sell a ship that costed $2700 I decided to install it again and see how it's doing. Actually enjoyed some of the stuff but holy fuck I just don't see this being ready for at least another two years at least. I can tell right now I am not going to like the persistent world at all. It's a massive fucking time sink to just get to your god damn ship. I want to play a game and blow shit up, not deal with realistic fucking airlocks and not being able to jump over a fucking rail.

I wish them well and might enjoy the single player portion but I have no desire to spend half my gaming time going through elevators and airlocks.

Exactly as I've said for years. The game is already a failure for many backers who bought in at the "freelancer 2" stage of promises that now have a fucking space ship VR version of that crazy KA-50 helicopter simulator with 20 minutes of preflight work just to start the game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Que Variise "You all just don't understand game development like I do. I'm so erudite and above you all. Also, I heard Chris Roberts is offering a one time deal on virtual space ships that you simply cannot afford to miss out on...."

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So after watching the live stream and being totally impressed by the fact they could sell a ship that costed $2700 I decided to install it again and see how it's doing.

Wait are they still doing this? I know they are selling package tiers and I kind of figured that's how they're keep the cash flowing right now, but I thought they backed off of the ridiculous costing ships. Jesus ... whales be whales I guess.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait are they still doing this? I know they are selling package tiers and I kind of figured that's how they're keep the cash flowing right now, but I thought they backed off of the ridiculous costing ships. Jesus ... whales be whales I guess.

The entire anniversary stream was an infomercial for ships. I did enjoy the presentation with the parody of The Grand Tour though. Do people who are willing to pay $2700 for a capital ship even have enough friends to fly it lol?

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The entire anniversary stream was an infomercial for ships. I did enjoy the presentation with the parody of The Grand Tour though. Do people who are willing to pay $2700 for a capital ship even have enough friends to fly it lol?

What's frustrating for me as a very casual follower, every time I see it up top of twitch and get excited about watching some gameplay stuff, it's just a panel of nerdlords talking for hours and hours about nothing. I can't listen to the shit they talk about, I try, but I can't.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure his JOB is to shill this game, no matter what he says. And yes he is still neck deep in the kool-aid.

• 1Like

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
So i guess Variise quit. Almost a month since the last post in this thread.

Roughly 1 year now since Star Citizen hit 100 million dollars raised. It's currently at 140ish million. I guess 40 million would be almost enough to cover the yearly cost for the 400-500 people working on this game?

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Must have been the last presentation from Space Roberts. Seems like everyone gets a lump of coal in their stocking this year (deadlines missed, no demos of stuff supposedly *close* to done, Starry eyed fans in tears..... angrily making fun of Roberts in parodies heh.

The search for more money continues though! Phew.... maybe he will be back.

'Star Citizen' Alpha 2.6 Stream Ignores Squadron 42 To Ask For More Funds

Cmon 200 mil !!

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's crazy. Has any mmo cost more?
Man I wonder what Macquaud would do if he had 140 mil for pan'theon

• 1Solidarity