Star Control RETURNS?!

Flobee

Silver Knight of the Realm
9d 4h 59m
Really digging this game. 8 hours in and I think ive only met half the races. Imagine I'll drop a lot of hours into this

Rockstar

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 19h 29m
I watched a couple hours of a stream when I was bored.

Looks boring and lacking content. Meaningless dialogue choices, tedious gathering, poor reward balancing for combat, ...

Just not my type of game. Though, I never played the originals either.

Reactions: Conefed

Shmoopy

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 11h 58m
Finally started on this and about 20 hours in. Fairly worthy successor to Star Control.

- Ship battles are cool.
- They definitely get the "atmosphere" of Star Control with humor, weirdness, mystery, etc.
- Graphics kinda mediocre.
- Races and plot mostly well done.
- The "MenkMack" dialogue I was LMAO. Some of the funniest dialogue I've seen in any game.

Recommend if you buy on sale.

Gavinmad

Ssraeszha Raider
68d 12h 40m
Honestly seems like Stardock needs to sue Steam on top of countersuing Reiche and Ford.

Shmoopy

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 11h 58m
The reason for DMCA takedown seems frivolous. They are claiming "ownership" of a color, 2D camera view, 2D coordinate system, and autopilot? Lol?

Grim1

Molten Core Raider
5d 38m
Given that chart, it's hard to see where the original creators win anything from this. I tend for favor creators over corporations, but if they sign away their work ("work for hire" contracts) or try to copyright ideas then the creator hasn't a leg to stand on.

I wonder if they have anything else to base their claim on. Don't know the whole story I'm sure.

Dom

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope they countersue and win for all of the lost revenue. DMCA is such a fucking plague.

Mahes

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 23h 20m
Just a heads up

If you were contemplating the purchase of this game when it went on sale, it is on sale at 50% off for the next 6 days.

Vulg

<Donors Crew>
2d 21h 47m
I loved SC2, but this game has trash reviews on Steam (both overall and recent).

Debating the 50% deal. I want to believe!