Star Control RETURNS?!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Really digging this game. 8 hours in and I think ive only met half the races. Imagine I'll drop a lot of hours into this

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
I watched a couple hours of a stream when I was bored.

Looks boring and lacking content. Meaningless dialogue choices, tedious gathering, poor reward balancing for combat, ...

Just not my type of game. Though, I never played the originals either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally started on this and about 20 hours in. Fairly worthy successor to Star Control.

- Ship battles are cool.
- They definitely get the "atmosphere" of Star Control with humor, weirdness, mystery, etc.
- Graphics kinda mediocre.
- Races and plot mostly well done.
- The "MenkMack" dialogue I was LMAO. Some of the funniest dialogue I've seen in any game.

Recommend if you buy on sale.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly seems like Stardock needs to sue Steam on top of countersuing Reiche and Ford.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The reason for DMCA takedown seems frivolous. They are claiming "ownership" of a color, 2D camera view, 2D coordinate system, and autopilot? Lol?

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given that chart, it's hard to see where the original creators win anything from this. I tend for favor creators over corporations, but if they sign away their work ("work for hire" contracts) or try to copyright ideas then the creator hasn't a leg to stand on.

I wonder if they have anything else to base their claim on. Don't know the whole story I'm sure.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a heads up

If you were contemplating the purchase of this game when it went on sale, it is on sale at 50% off for the next 6 days.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I loved SC2, but this game has trash reviews on Steam (both overall and recent).

Debating the 50% deal. I want to believe!