Star Control RETURNS?!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So, am I the only one that knows about Star Control because of the Genesis? Despite the fact that it was WAY too deep for me to get a decent grasp of, I loved the shit out of it. Seeking out random planets to farm resources from was the shit. The huge instruction book with detailed information about everything including various alien races you could encounter really made you feel like you were part of a living galaxy. There was some great stuff there. Hope they capture the magic with the new one.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
"Yes. Yes. We are too friendly.
Extremely happy *sisters* should correct each other for *celebration*.
So much enjoyment!
Shall we come to your *house* so that we can be *relatives*?"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Do not *sing* to Orz about *sweepers*. That will make them *frumple* and then there will be *dancing*
Who are sweepers? That some Brit slang for *Campers*? I'll make many fucking bubbles you keep using non-Orz words.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what the odds of being founder accepted at this point were, but clearly Orz-speak was acceptable since I'm in (beta is paygated - I'll absolutely be doing it, but its scheduled to be next winter so I'll likely wait)

Not sure what the odds of being founder accepted at this point were, but clearly Orz-speak was acceptable since I'm in (beta is paygated - I'll absolutely be doing it, but its scheduled to be next winter so I'll likely wait)
I got in too. Maybe they are just accepting everyone? Technically, you don't get in unless you pay the fee hehe.
tongue.png

• 1Like

Varrus

Trakanon Raider
Thread necro, I know. I played the hell out of the genesis version. It launched today, currently watching live stream. It looks very interesting.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I played the shit out of SC2. I'm pretty excited about this. Hope it isnt shit

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just watched about 2 hours of streaming and it looks legit captures the feel humor of SC2 really well and gameplay look/feel seems spot on.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the lawsuit still going on?
I think it is complete. There are races and names they can't use in the new game such as the ur-quon. So they are basically going as a reboot and so far it seems to hit the feel really well.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It is pretty fun, I've just played about two-maybe three, hours of it. Reminds me of ME1, but it's a lot slower. At least that's what I've found so far.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's great so far, but yea, could use greater base speed for the main ship - I would love it 100x more with a speedhack to double how fast space travel is.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i have never bothered to see what it was rated at, i just know that it sucked ass
4efa830783b67b50e1650d3da18e1ffe.png

9/10???

also imdb rates games???

ah, i see these fucks were pumping up reviews, even in the 90s
8dfbbc4b69a901c3e0fea8b190d0559b.png

will i give this a try, considering i hold SC2 as a top5 game of my life?

i think i need more foh opinions before i commit for the weekend.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played and enjoyed starcontrol 3 as well star control origins at least in the hour or so I have played and couple hours I have watched does seem to hit the feel/pacing of SC2 pretty dead on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users