Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Fadaar

That guy
Star Trek has never been about the action sequences which is what the new franchise focuses so much on

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Funnily enough, it almost works for that Star Wars trailer. The Star Trek trailer was complete shit.
It doesn't work on Star Wars BUT now i acknowledge that the problem with star trek trailer is not only the song choice.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Thing is you can have fucking action sequences and make Trek action and still not have completely terrible writing or ideas like fucking motorcycles. This isn't salt about Trek becoming an action franchise, it's salt about it becoming a fucking poorly written action franchise.

FFS, at least make it something you've already fucking done.

startrekxipolice1.1808.jpg

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No, the biggest problem with the new films is that they are shit. The fact that they are a reboot wouldn't even be top 5 on a list of things wrong with them.
Yeah, I'm about as big a fan of the original series as there is, came home watching that shit religiously when I was in school and it was in syndication. I actually quite like the casting for the most part and am totally fine with the idea of rebooting it with these characters. It's the fucking awful writing and McGuffin's all over the god damn place that don't even come close to following 50 years of established Trek that has me pissed off.

Even from the get go you have Spock marooning Kirk to fucking die before he conveniently finds Scotty waiting to transport him to back to a warping Enterprise who knows how far away. Fuck JJ, he better not fuck up Star Wars worse than that fat fuck Lucas already has.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The writing credits are all you need to see to know this is going to be a stinking pile of shit, never mind all the other evidence in this thread.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Forget the motorcycle or that 500 years in the future that they still manufacture them. It's the roads. Who the fuck is still bothering maintaining them when people have trams, shuttles and transporters to get around in. At least in star wars there weren't any paved roads.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a_skeleton_03;1340182 said:
I can't believe this.

How nice an immature of you. Does it make you feel better? It is sad that now I have to just stay away from the forums all together because people think it is cute to spoiler something from another movie when they know people are avoiding the Star Wars thread for this reason.

In short...fuck off

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Can you guys remove that from your quotes? I took it down
Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fools that click on a a_skeleton_03 spoiler in a movie thread that's even further out than the one he fake spoilered?

Can you rrp them all? Thank god we have the mods here to protect all the fools. (especially Fadaar, I don't like the way he's looking at me)

Kinaniff_sl

shitlord
The enduring feature of Star Trek or even TNG wasn't action sequences. It was the interaction of a diverse crew with each other and an alien antagonist. I liked the 2 reboots, they were great popcorn fare. But they certainly didn't capture Roddenberry's vision.

But all the movies have disappointed in that way, beginning with making Spock everyone's buddy instead of a Vulcan.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fools that click on a a_skeleton_03 spoiler in a movie thread that's even further out than the one he fake spoilered?

Can you rrp them all? Thank god we have the mods here to protect all the fools. (especially Fadaar, I don't like the way he's looking at me)
I don't get your point, but ok

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People who think Star Trek was never about action must have blocked all those double-fist punches out of their memory. Or identify ST more with TNG.

The most awkward change in the reboot is trying to shove Uhura into everything.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember that most people skipped Enterprise and ended with Voyager, so not having a temporal anomaly every movie with holo-deck malfunctions makes it very un-Star Trek.

People gave the first one a pass because.. temporal anomaly and Romulans with borg tech! Second one... Khan! Now... shit.