Star Trek: Discovery

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Overall not as bad as I was expecting given the circus this production has been. However the Klingon's were the part I winced the most.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I thought it looked pretty good. Sasha cleans up nicely. R.I.P white males. :(

To Boldly Go Where No White Man Oppresses

these klingons are looking top notch
DAECZi_W0AAWQBU.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People will watch for Klingon action, find out it only makes up 3% of the series, stop watching, wait a few months and then view a compilation on youtube.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That looks terrible. I'm a big Trek fan but nothing there pulled me in. Oh boy fighting a war with Klingons that we already know how it ended. Biologically created to sense death. That is the most retarded thing I have ever seen on TV.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, given what we've heard about the show, that doesn't look bad!

It also doesn't look like anything I will ever pay for.

And yes, none of us give a shit about yet another prequel.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
That looks terrible. I'm a big Trek fan but nothing there pulled me in. Oh boy fighting a war with Klingons that we already know how it ended. Biologically created to sense death. That is the most retarded thing I have ever seen on TV.

mWwLhbw.jpg

and yeah this shit ain't airing on network TV, its only going to be available on CBS All Access which is $6/month.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can't wait for the shitty explaination for why kingon makeup has changed again. Another disease?

Gue

Molten Core Raider
The internet will collapse when they realise, they made a female asian the new Star Trek captain :D

• 1Like

Goatface

wonder what kind of bump this will give cbs all access
7-16 said it had around 1m sub
2-17 nearing 1.5m
they predict something like 8m total with showtime/all access by 2020

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
wonder what kind of bump this will give cbs all access
7-16 said it had around 1m sub
2-17 nearing 1.5m
they predict something like 8m total with showtime/all access by 2020

I expect this show to be in the very top of torrented shows.

Siliconemelons

No one cares if the capt is asian female, better than janeway

people will get pissed because of the purposeful exclusion of white males in any form of respect.

Klingon's also can no longer be black... they are...not black...but still have black features...

Because no one likes blacks or black actors right... I mean the best ST was DS9 with gotee Sisko and defiant flying mofuken WORF - yeah we all hate blacks and think they are evil...so change klingons to blue...or shiney...something! NOT BLACK!

or white...or asian...or whatever the heck they were in TSO...oh yeah, they were KLINGON!

I do not get a vibe for whatever this show is heading to...

It is stupid its a prequel.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The internet will collapse when they realise, they made a female asian the new Star Trek captain :D

The ship showed in the trailer is the USS Shenzou, captained by Captain Asian (played by Michelle Yeoh from Crouching Tiger, Marco Polo). Her accent is worse than ever in this show, kinda weird.

The trailer doesn't even have a single shot of the USS Discovery, which is what the show takes place on. Presumably the Shenzou gets blown the fuck up by the Klingons, the captain dies, and the black chick, who is supposed to be the star of the show, gets put on the Discovery as XO. Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy, Awake) plays the captain of that ship. I'd assume its the XOs fault that the Shenzou dies (she seems a bit war monger-y) and the rest of the season is a drama between "you suck! get off my ship!" and "I will prove I am better than the patriarchy!"