Star Trek: Discovery

Goatface

The trailer doesn't even have a single shot of the USS Discovery, which is what the show takes place on. Presumably the Shenzou gets blown the fuck up by the Klingons, the captain dies, and the black chick, who is supposed to be the star of the show, gets put on the Discovery as XO.

guess could be flashbacks or imaginary friend, but Yeoh is listed as a recurring character

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Really?

225px-General_Chang.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It really was, and the director commentary was great. Discussion about submarine world war 2 stuff and lots of insight.

Don't forget James Worthy was a Klingon:

10268724_gal.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
i'm a Gowron fan myself, he was the "star" of the Las Vegas trek ride and he was amazing

gowron2.jpg

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I don't know enough of the lore. Does something happen to the Klingons to change their appearance at some point between prequel time and TNG time? The fuck was wrong with the original design? They were always more like Mongols than mbutus.

Not a hardcore trekkie by any means, but TNG is one of my favorite shows and we're slowly working through DS9. Can't even be interested enough to watch the trailer :/

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know enough of the lore. Does something happen to the Klingons to change their appearance at some point between prequel time and TNG time? The fuck was wrong with the original design? They were always more like Mongols than mbutus.

Not a hardcore trekkie by any means, but TNG is one of my favorite shows and we're slowly working through DS9. Can't even be interested enough to watch the trailer :/

Sometime before TOS Klingons fuck around with gene manipulation. Something fucks up and they end up creating a virus that runs out of control and changes how they look. I guess they fix that shit before TNG starts. I think it's a storyline in the Scott Bakula series but I never watched that. I just like reading Wikias. Klingon augment virus

How this shit syncs up with the lens flare universe vs the main universe who knows.

The new trailer looks pretty. TV production is getting pretty damn good. But the actual show looks incredibly underwhelming.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Sometime before TOS Klingons fuck around with gene manipulation. Something fucks up and they end up creating a virus that runs out of control and changes how they look. I guess they fix that shit before TNG starts. I think it's a storyline in the Scott Bakula series but I never watched that. I just like reading Wikias. Klingon augment virus

How this shit syncs up with the lens flare universe vs the main universe who knows.

The new trailer looks pretty. TV production is getting pretty damn good. But the actual show looks incredibly underwhelming.

It's just fluff really.. and hard to explain in story- because TOS Movies had "new" Klingons... if it was some genetic thing there would be mixtures during TOS movie timeline and generations would still exist.

I think there was some even more detailed fluff-stuff that the altered klingons were the TOS more "human" looking ones and those are the ones that they used for space exploration and stuff- so thats why that is all that TOS crew encountered - sometime after the TOS show ended - klingons decided that the altered ones sucked, or something....and ??killedthemall?? and then stopped fuxing with generics and just stayed normal - thus the "norma;" klingons in TOS movies, TNG, DS9 etc.etc.

But that was a theory I heard before enterprise existed- so I have no idea what happened in enterprise.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As long as the Asian woman doesn't have to park the starship or actually pilot it I don't see a problem with it.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
'Star Trek: Discovery' Gets Premiere Date, Split First Season Rollout
CBS on Monday announced that the highly anticipated series will premiere on Sunday, Sept. 24th at 8:30 p.m. That same night, the two first episodes will be available to stream on CBS All Access, with subsequent episodes premiering exclusively on the streamer every Sunday.

However, the 15-episode first season of the sci-fi series will be split into two chapters. The first eight episodes will roll out through Nov. 5. The series will then return with seven new episodes in January 2018.

A 10 week mid season gap for a STREAMING SHOW. Way to go, CBS

Triple-facePalm.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well... anyone who might have considered not pirating it originally is sure to do so now. I mean fuck them in the first place for having it on Netflix everywhere but the U.S. but if they figure they can just get an extra 1-2 months of subscription time** out of folks by inserting a 10 week gap they are just idiots.

** I fully expect that it will be pegged to the 1st of the month, so if you subscribe on Sept 24th you pay again on October 1st, then Nov, figure people forget to cancel in December, then get them again for Jan, Feb, and probably March.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So, on top of everything else they could do wrong, they are spacing the show to be weekly must see tv on a streaming platform, then inserting a gap of 10 weeks like this is the fucking Flash or Arrow? Lawl they are the most incompetent IP owner on the planet.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well the are America's Most Watched Broadcast Network, so this gives them ample opportunity for hubris that removes them completely from competitive reality. Then again that distinction is about as dubious as being the leading door-to-door ice vendor in 1935

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Hey, what if we do a streaming service to compete with Netflix but keep some of the worst aspects of broadcast television!?"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i wish there was a Child Protective Services department but for IPs, so they could come in and take Star Trek away from CBS to a home where it wont be tortured

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users