Star Trek: Discovery

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't quite understand what they did to real Ash. A brain swap?
I'm assuming they just did an unspecified operation to morph the body and overlaid a copy of the memories/brain patterns, you know, just lazy writing.

They COULD say that they opened up the bones and organs to transplant not only the brain but all the connecting nerves too?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm assuming they just did an unspecified operation to morph the body and overlaid a copy of the memories/brain patterns, you know, just lazy writing.

They COULD say that they opened up the bones and organs to transplant not only the brain but all the connecting nerves too?
Uh, don't they have transporter technology? There have been transporter accidents that do exactly that. But I guess that's not as visceral as chainsawing into someone.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like how in the scene with Ash Tyler and Mirror Voq they are the same height...despite all the bits about shortening femurs etc.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Episode tonight was probably the best episode of the show so far.

How bad ass is the emperor's ship... It's like the Leviathan from Destiny 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Well fuck me if that wasn't actually pretty badass. If they keep it up this will basically be a Trek/WH40k crossover by the end of the season, and I'm so incredibly onboard with that. God Emperor Georgiou gives me a nerd boner.

What I want to know is, if they had this in them, what the hell were they smoking for the first half of the season?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is starting to show the hallmarks of its origin as an anthology series. The show seems to be blowing its wad plot-wise on everything in this one season and not really setting up much for longer term storytelling.

Siliconemelons

Nice - these have been great so far. What's bad is I am rooting for "the bad guys"

Ewhy did the klingon "kill" the kilngon mind and not Tyler? I was figuring that would start the bridge to the "TOS klingons"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Actually, I think I liked it better when I thought Lorca was only trying to get to the Empire universe because Prime is full of Trek pussies.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Nice - these have been great so far. What's bad is I am rooting for "the bad guys"

Ewhy did the klingon "kill" the kilngon mind and not Tyler? I was figuring that would start the bridge to the "TOS klingons"

I'm betting that despite Lrell's death howl we will still have Voq around if only as suppressed knowledge within Tyler.

I thoroughly enjoyed Anthony Rapp's performance playing off himself while trapped in the Network. It's clear that Stamets is still going to be the key to all this craziness.

There's nothing at all wrong with rooting for Lorca even if he's the 'evil' one owing to hide badass nature and it is never EVER wrong to root for Michelle Yeoh.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, but I bet they cant help but make Michael the savior of the other universe bringing down the xenophobic empire. That will be dumb.

So she should be happy she got lorca there... where is our lorca - and is the light thing in tos?

Yeah, I was happy when they killed the stiff fluff gay doc, yet he got to come back in spore town...

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Who's the bad guy ? Klingons ? Empress ? Lorca ? Evil Stamets ? Actually if we could totaly get rid of the few "good" guys, it could be even better !

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

i mean something does happen to the empire for them to bring in, at least vulcans before tos time, this is the same parallel right?

Anywho I was "lol awesome" at eat my ganglia Michael haha- she thought she chose him to save him like her slave or something- I was like "ignorant girl, that's killing him"

I kind of hope they one and done, but didn't they say S2 was already greenlit?

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's a great rundown of the Mirror Universe timeline from all episodes involving it in other shows.

FYI they are following TOS canon fairly close (at least on this) since Mirror Kirk was a tyrannical captain and Mirror Spock was a subjugated Vulcan given elevated privilege.

http://on.io9.com/qeHsBD8

• 1Like

Caliane

Just blew through this all yesterday and today. This is not as bad as the internet suggests.

Main issues are some of the things noted here.

the entire universe seems to revolve around Michael. (in fact, the Mirror universe ALSO revolves around her.)
Michael is a giant piece of shit.
Klingon makeup is way overdone, and the actors can't even move or act.

Caliane

Transporter rooms even existing is retarded anyway. If you have a problem with point to point teleportation, though, it's been happening for a long time. Star Trek IV being my first thought.
Not entirely true. I could in theory park my car anywhere, but I have a garage for a reason.

A transporter room, would in theory have several roles.

Formal entryway for visitors. Secure. guards. scanners. etc. Blastdoors, and quarantine.
Wardrobe and warehouse for away missions. tools, and gear.

I will 100% admit, how they are set up in the shows, does not match reality. they are sets, of course. in reality, the controls would be BEHIND walls, etc. like in Stargate.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Binged watched episodes 1 through 10 on putlocker. Solid show so far. Now I have to wait for the rest to show up on it.